Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hull splitting for transport  (Read 9805 times)

Big Ada

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Hull splitting for transport
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2016, 05:51:06 pm »

You must have a very large car,

It is an Agila.

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2016, 06:03:05 pm »

Agila - fold down rear seats and recline the passenger all the way back - should give at least a 6 foot straight run before you get to the dashboard.

My car is slightly bigger - I can get 2.8m (9 feet) doing the same and still close the boot.

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2016, 07:36:30 pm »

What kind of Agila is that?  Mine was new in Aug 2013. 

No, the front seat only tilts forwards about 45' and back 30'.  Merely nominal reclining adjustment.
It does NOT "fold all the way back" .  I am not going to have a garage permanently remove the front seat either, I need it at other times.

Four feet two inches is the absolute maximum ship length, even diagonally with the front seat fully forward, without leaving the doors open.  Poking the end of a hull out the window would not be allowed either.

Can we please have some serious suggestions on splitting the front of hull or I will ask Martin to remove this thread.
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2016, 08:14:08 pm »

You have had sensible suggestions from lots of people

Like building the hull as 2 separate boxes that bolt together - theres pics on the thread links about different methods of doing it.
I pointed you towards a source of clips, fittings and hardware for accurately locating & locking the 2 parts together.
It's not actally very difficult as long as you can make strong, well braced, well sealed pair of bulkheads at the join that can but up to each other and locate accurately.

If the front part doesn't have any electricals, there's no reason why it can't be a free-flooding, neutrally boyant long 'visor' clipped to the front of the main rear floatation 'box' that has the batteries, motors & radio inside.

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2016, 11:31:45 pm »

Can we please have some serious suggestions on splitting the front of hull or I will ask Martin to remove this thread.
Plenty of serious suggestions made, you just don't like any of them.
Removing the thread would remove all those ideas from the sight of others who might be interested in trying them.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.