Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Action Electronics new P110 Noisy thing II  (Read 15985 times)

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
  • I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me
Re: Action Electronics new P110 Noisy thing II
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2016, 07:50:07 pm »

TOF - yes if you are running two engines one will cut out when you play a sound. However this should be less an issue than  with a single engine sound.

Tim

Component Shop P110 product description reads differently unless it's my understanding of the text - it states that additional sounds DO NOT interupt engine sound(s)

For each proportional engine sound it can give:
  • An Engine Start Sound
  • An Engine Run Sound
  • An Engine Stop Sound
  • Plus eight ‘General’ Sounds e.g Horn, Whistle, Guns, Klaxon etc each of which play once when triggered, also an additional 8 sounds which will loop continuously (Seagulls etc) until stopped by either selecting a different sound, or re-selecting the sound that is already playing. These additional sounds play on top of the engine sound, so that is not interrupted.

Is the text on CShop site incorrect?

C-3PO
I think it's the way I have learnt most of my stuff - getting very stuck first...

The Old Fart

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2016, 08:29:43 am »

Had another try of the Noisy Thing 2.

Will stick with my Benedini sound units.

P110 for sale in the 'Sales' section.

TOF

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
  • I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2016, 08:43:30 am »

Hello TOF,

I would be interested - what issues did you have with the P110?  as I was thinking of getting one to play with but looks like you have given up with it and moving it on which has made me think twice....

C-3PO
I think it's the way I have learnt most of my stuff - getting very stuck first...

Mike Fry

• Shipmate
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2016, 09:18:51 pm »

Hello Chaps

I have also given up on the P110 too, right now i dont know where i chucked the thing.
When it turns up i may have another go.

Dave Cook

• Cookie
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Keep on Rockin
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2016, 06:36:40 pm »

I bought a P100 and was gutted when the P110 came out , but now Maybe not so gutted after all, {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ {:-{

Steve Dean

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2016, 05:18:24 pm »

Hi Everyone,
Just to let you all know, I have just spent a fair amount of time reviewing the P110 'Noisy Thing II' for a magazine article. As part of the exercise I have had many conversations with Iain at Component-Shop (ACTion Electronics) and we did discuss some 'bugs' in the early issues of the product. The firmware in the P110 has now been updated and all known issues fixed.
The product does perform as described and works extremely well. The fact that you can have up to 16 sounds stored in the unit, plus engine start, run and stop sounds and don't forget it also contains a Class 'D' amplifier (up to 25 Watts) makes the product very attractive at the price. You can also trigger a second iteration of the engine sounds (for those people with twin engine models) however when you trigger another sound effect, i.e. Horn, then one of the engine sounds stops for the duration of the Horn blast. Don't be put off by this as you'll hardly notice.
By the way, I have no commercial involvement with Component-Shop (Action) other than being a customer and a very active builder of models with lots of sound effects. I record all my own sounds (in broadcast quality) and some of my sounds are on the CD that you can get from Component-Shop.
Steve Dean.

Steve Dean

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2017, 04:15:38 pm »

Just a quick update ....... the review of the P110 'Noisy Thing II' is scheduled to be in the March issue of Marine Modelling International and it is planned that there will be an on-line link to a composite sound file so as you can hear the unit go through an engine start, run and shutdown sequence. In the demo file, it will play a number of individual sounds simultaneously with the engine sound (normally you would trigger the individual sounds from the transmitter)
Steve.

Tiny69

• Full Mayhemer
    • Tiny's Modelling Site
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2017, 07:17:31 pm »

Sound file link here of P110 Noisy thing II
http://thehobbyhub.com/2017/02/24/airwaves-p110-noisy-thing-ii/

T33cno

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2017, 08:25:31 pm »

Link doesn't work  :((  Will the unit produce suitable sounds for a Portgarth tug? Although CS still show no stock

If one could hear suitable sound coupled to this video I'm sure it would sell big time but I doubt this will happen
https://www.facebook.com/Techno100/videos/10155608522752593/

david48

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2017, 10:07:15 am »

If you go to Blackpool Comp shop might have one on the demo board ,I do not have the MK2 model I heard my MK1at a show so bought one for My Fairmount Alpine . It might be a bit late try contacting Ian to see if there will be a working  one there.
David 
Two heads are better than one sheep head  as my old plant manager used to say

Iain

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2017, 11:11:21 am »

We will have a P110 (Noisy Thing MkII) demo up & running at Blackpool, as well as some stock at the show.
There will be more stock added to the web site very soon, I have been hampered of late by being ill & also getting a bad batch of filament for the 3D printer which is how the cases are made, but I have ordered more filament from a more reliable supplier so will be printing again very soon.

Robin Searle

• Shipmate
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2019, 07:16:31 pm »

Hi, I am having trouble with this "Nosy Thing II" unit, apparently like a few other members. I decided I would like to have a sound unit on board my 1/24th scale Fairmile "D" MTB. My model is powered by 4 off brushless motors and their corresponding ESC's. I have made my own *.wav sound files of "start, run and stop" of  4 off Packard V-12 engines and a separate file of M/C guns. Installing the unit and speaker enclosure presented no real problem. It was then that my troubles started.1. I found the unit would not run when all four motors were in circuit. The red & green led's just flashed but I was able to control the motors. Therefore I am quite happy that the "signal" is getting to the unit. Receiver channel 2 (throttle) connected to P2. I had hoped to switch in the single file "guns" from toggle switch (channel 5) to socket P3.
2. When 3 of the motors were taken out of circuit, the unit then started to play the recorded "start ---- " files, but not the individual guns file.3. I then connected the lead from the original channel 2 ( throttle) on the receiver into channel 3  which was spare. Thus channel 3 was connected to P3 socket on NT. Success! But still no single "guns" file. I am able to programme the set up and can get the sound to speed up etc. by moving the channel 3 stick forward and back. Control of the motors is as before all this started. A bit of a nuiscance but I was glad to get something happening. Obviously there is some sort of reaction when all four motors are in circuit with the input line to P3 on NT.  Anybody got any ideas?I have tried many options to get the single file which I named sound1.wav and copied it a number of times ie sound2 etc. etc. but no luck so far. Again any ideas?        I have contacted The Component Shop by phone and e-mail and sent them my sd cards which they say they will reprogamme. Fine, but I am stuck in the meantime and getting more and more agitated. I am hoping somebody out there might shed some light.
 Regards as always,  Robin Searle.

Steve Dean

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2019, 10:49:19 am »

Hi Robin,I will send you a PM (Personal Mail) via the Forum with my contact details. I can probably explain why you're having a problem. It is rather long winded to explain on the Forum.

ivorthediver

• Ivor the Diver
  • Full Mayhemer
  • What ever Floats YOUR boat
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2019, 07:16:05 pm »

Well having read through this duplicated thread I am surprised at some of the comments .

I have most if not all of Action products spread over several models and have found them to be both efficient and value for money ....and before you start on me ...I am no relation to either of the companies involved .

On the very rare occasions that a defect manifested itself DM at ACTion  offered an excellent service ...often not charging .......when Iain took over I was delighted to see that Daves work ethics where transferred also.

I had the original Nosiy thing which was sunk during a collision at a local very deep lake , so bought another which turned out to be the Mk11  and apart from a couple of minor irritations works perfectly well and saved the fitting of the 15watt amp I had on the earlier one .

The irritations I occasionally get are after start up and engine run it ocassionly starts making a sound like all sounds playing at once .....but by turning the sound on and then off it works as normal and keeps the lakeside amused as she carries out her allotted duties

There will always be members in every club set up who demand something for nothing or bought whatever  you are talking about cheaper and quicker than you  as they feel that they impress you [ when in fact their drivel just makes you wish to be elsewhere ] , what being said constructive criticism is always welcome in the pursuit of perfection ,

Speaking personally I have found Kyje at Component-shop very helpful and kind hearted.....I speak as I find  O0

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2019, 11:52:36 pm »

mmmmmmmm I started with a few bits & pieces from actionkit@aol.com with the original Craig Talbot in 2003, then our DM assisted with more, then lastly via Component ....so over the years, all wonderful people to deal with

All of the items are brand new, unused [just looked at  %)  by me]........as many know my build rate is relatively slowish, however I am blessed with 9 Grandchilden so I have absolute faith that they will all be used in the future......... [it is so good to see that each board has a code ....so that will help them]

Just the other day, I was just wondering if the original Manufacturers Warranty still applies after 18 years {-)

Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2019, 01:58:40 am »

ACTion electronics components pricing?...interesting results!

P40 in 2003 = 26 UK Pounds [see my e-mail from 2003 as below]
P40 in 2019 = 28 UK Pounds [Component Shop cost 2019 as below]

UK inflation calculator from 2003 to 2018

26 UK Pounds on 2003 = 40.05 UK Pounds in 2018 [as per the Official UK inflation cost index calculator]

So ....just an observation that the current manufacturer and distributor rather amazingly offers a product approx ~~40% lower than the National UK inflation costs over the time period shown

:-))  Well done.............. Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 22 queries.