Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1/24 Perkasa Motors and props  (Read 3182 times)

zooma

• Full Mayhemer
  • Never too old to learn !
1/24 Perkasa Motors and props
« on: September 21, 2016, 09:00:25 pm »

I am about to strip my 1/24 scale Perkasa and rebuild it with a little more detail thanks to the information I now have available from the superb set of scale plans I recently bought from Tom.

At the moment the boat has one large single motor and shaft and I would like to replace this first with a twin motor and shaft set-up before setting about the scale detail.

Recently a 1/24 scale Perkasa was taken to my local Southport Model Boat Club and it was plenty fast enough with a pair of the Mtroniks brushless motors/speed controllers - but even with water cooling they run desperately HOT - and the two speed controllers were really hot as well !!

The motors were very small in size and the label read "TURNIGY D2830/11   1000KV ".

My guess was that they were working hard to give the performance and that larger sized brushless motors with better matched props may be the way to go?  They also needed 5000mah LiPo cells to give a fairly short run time!!

I have never used brushless motors before and any advice (especially from anyone who has a 1/24 scale Perkasa) would be very helpful. 

What I would really like is a suggested twin shaft motor and prop size combination that gives good scale speed that can run without the extreme heat witnessed on the example I was able to have a play with - and hopefully with batteries that can give a good run time before going flat.

I would not be adversed to considering a pair of regular brushed motors that can give a good performance with twin shafts and NiMh cells as this would be a less expensive option but I would like to make a good choice that will not need to be replaced after the time has been spent on the scale work !

rnli12

• Full Mayhemer
Re: 1/24 Perkasa Motors and props
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 06:14:04 pm »

Hi,

Did you have any success on your motor, prop & ESC selection?

Rich
Regards,

Rich
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.