Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amati sport boat  (Read 3412 times)

Arjan

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Amati sport boat
« on: September 28, 2016, 03:47:09 pm »

Hi, I'm new here and I would like to introduce my Amati Sexy Lady. This is a relatively new Amati kit and the Amati people did give it a rather silly name if you ask me  :-) . Some pics of my finished build :

I liked the kit a lot and I wonder if anyone else has built it. To my surprise I haven't come across other builds of this Amati kit on the internet so far.

Regards,

Arjan

Allan Mouritsen

• Full Mayhemer
    • www.allanmou.dk
Re: Amati sport boat
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 07:43:44 pm »

Wery nice Work Arjan. Like the gloss lack and the color. And the name is silly. :-))
If you havent grown up by age 50 You donīt have to

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 10:19:49 pm »

Nice!  :o      Any video?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 02:16:02 pm »

I like the kit and i like the name and the sexy lady  O0 .

Arjan

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 01:06:00 pm »

Thanks for the kind comments gentlemen. As I said before I really like this Amati kit but the downside is that it is very heavy. It's made of rather thick fibre glass and it has some really heavy metal fittings (especially the windscreen). With a 4000 mAh 3S Lipo installed it weighs in at just over 3 kilos ..... This means that the Hobbyking outboard I used is really underpowered. I managed to obtain an appropriate scale speed by fitting a slightly bigger prop but this quickly overheated the standard brushless motor. This standard motor works well at full throttle but its startup characteristics are awful and it overheats in the lower rev range. In the mean time I have tried two other brushless motors but these didn't match the speed obtained with the standard motor. I think that this Amati kit simply requires a bigger, more expensive outboard.

I haven't got any videos but here you can find some action pics :

http://www.modelbouwforum.nl/threads/amati-sexy-lady-riva-type-launch.241686/

Regards,

Arjan

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 02:26:28 pm »

I hope to have a sports  riva style runaround hull available by the end of summer it will just be a bare hull for people to finish off how they so wish .I build a few fast racing style boats so i know what you mean about weight and can say mine wont be too heavy,i can even do carbon fiber .I know what you mean about those outboards thing is the motors in them are designed for smaller scale hulls and dont have the power needed for anything this scale imo ,they really didnt think it through when they made them and theres not much else available .Inboard is the way to go for mine i think .
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.