Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just breaking the ice.  (Read 1392 times)

sjack

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Just breaking the ice.
« on: October 04, 2016, 08:29:42 pm »

I joined the forum last week and just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to all. My names Stephen, i'm an electro-mechanical engineer by trade but in my spare time like to restore just about any item that takes my liking. In the past I've restored Raleigh bicycles, 70's Honda twins, 50's kitchen cabinets, Ford Consuls, VW Beatles, Mini's and MG Midgets. As a boy some 45 years ago now I grew up in the area of Etherow and often watched the model boats and yachts on the lake there, I've really admired the model boat hobby since those days. As a younger man I spent 10 years in the Royal Navy completing an engineering apprenticeship then serving on HMS Manchester & HMS Resolution as a weapons engineering artificer. I'm still a sailor at heart and still get excited by anything that floats (or dives) and moves. I finally decided to clear out the garage and start my hobby, my shelves are already stocked with several boats for restoration, two of which are well under way, I also have several plans for vintage boats which I hope to build from scratch, I guess my main interest going forward will be vintage boats and yachts but I also have a keen eye for surface warships, especially of my own era. No doubt I will need plenty of help and advice in the future, but I think I am in good hands on this forum. Regards to all, Stephen.

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
Re: Just breaking the ice.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 08:32:59 pm »

Hi Stephen. Welcome to the forum. Indeed ask any question and usually you will find loads of sensible ideas and solutions to problems.

I look forward to see some of your work in progress and new projects as and when.
Pond weed is your enemy

Jimbocars

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 11:24:33 pm »

hi sjack
I have just joined as well ! I'm sure your going to find loads of things to help with problems you come up against ! as well as getting to talk to some really nice like minded people !!   things that float are always good  and as a newbie myself think you will find everything here !!!

PS wellcome :)

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 01:21:39 pm »

Hello Jack and Jimbo! Joining up here is probably the best thing you could do, as I have found.
Bob.   :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 22 queries.