Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Well call me stupid  (Read 4568 times)

kpnuts

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Well call me stupid
« on: October 04, 2016, 07:16:57 pm »

Hi all well what sort of idiot am I, with looking after Pam I shouldn't do stupid things, I wanted to cut a thin piece of plywood and the Stanley knife was easier to get at than the hand saw, I slipped and cut through the top corner of my thumb (right through the nail ) it was hanging on by a thin piece of skin (I could even see the bone) I've put it in place and bandaged it up (I can't spend all night in a and e as there would be no one to look after Pam, I'm hoping when the bleeding has stopped I can superglue it together (boy is it throbbing) I've dosed myself up with my cocodamol I usually use for my arthritis so hopefully that will take the edge off if not I will pinch a couple of my missus, they're 3 times stronger than mine.I'm so cross with myself when I have bigger responsibilities.

Liverbudgie2

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Well call me stupid
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 07:44:12 pm »

GET YOURSELF TO A&E THIS WOUND NEEDS STICHING AND CLEANING. OTHERWISE YOU COULD LAND YOURSELF IN REAL TROUBLE. >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( :police:

LB

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 07:47:29 pm »

Ask someone to look after Pam and get yourself to A&E. After all, what would she do if you were in hospital recovering (or worse) from Sepsis or Tetanus? There must be someone who can keep an eye out for a few hours?

I know what you mean though as Stanley knives are lethal. I have sliced my leg and chopped into the top of a finger with them at various times always when rushing or pushing too hard.

Pond weed is your enemy

kpnuts

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 07:58:15 pm »

Hi all thanks for the concern, I have a couple of problems, I have an underactive thyroid which towards the end of the day I tend to get tired that with the cocodamol which make me sleepy it's probably not a good idea to drive also we live in the back of beyond so would be a long drive to A and E I am a first aider at work and have seen much worse, they can't stitch through nail and so would probably only glue it anyway, I've glued lots of smaller cuts with no ill effects, again thanks for the concern.

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 07:59:42 pm »

Fair do Ken. You know the score, so take care and as I am sure you keep telling Pam: don't over do it as it will be weepy for a day or two I expect unless you are a fast healer?
Pond weed is your enemy

kpnuts

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 12:40:13 pm »

Here's how it looked this morning.

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 01:17:39 pm »

Ken, I sympathise, but is that the best you can do?  ;) Bob. (Fully paid-up member of ABAS) :-))

steamboat66

• Full Mayhemer
  • maybe it will float!
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2016, 04:55:56 pm »

get yourself one of those straight edge with handle things. it'll keep your fingers away from the blade.

kpnuts

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2016, 05:36:51 pm »

Nemo, in all fairness It was just a practise slice, I was figuring on doing it from the neck next time, I'm just worried it might sting a bit.

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2016, 05:42:02 pm »

Nemo, in all fairness It was just a practise slice, I was figuring on doing it from the neck next time, I'm just worried it might sting a bit.

Not for long :D :D

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2016, 07:00:54 pm »

Ned! {-) {-)

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2016, 10:10:39 pm »

You need a little hook to go on your stump Captain Nemo! I say ouch for both of you as while quite neatly reset Ken, it still looks like a digit massacre  {:-{ Is it still throbbing? I bet it gives you a gentle reminder on occasion.

Pond weed is your enemy

kpnuts

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2016, 06:48:10 pm »

Hi all well i did another stupid thing today, took pam to the GP this morning as her ears were bleeding and I wanted to be sure there were no bad problems took the handbrake off not thinking and bashed my thumb on the handbrake surround the pain was so intense I thought I would pass out, I felt sick and of course I opened it up again so there was lots of blood anyway I sucked it up and took pam to GP's apparently she grazed the ear canal and that's where the bleeding was coming from, I must have looked a bit pale as the nurse asked if I was OK so pam blabed and told her so she checked it out and said it looked OK but that I had opened it up and should have gone to A and E in the first place (I know, I know, don't go on, you told me so, yada, yada, yada) she put some steri strips on and redressed it, pretty much the same as I did (minus the steri strips) I have got to say that really hurt, I've broken bones and (being a retired tattooist) I've done tattoos on myself for 9 hrs continuously but when I bashed my thumb on that bit of plastic that was the absolutely the worst pain I have ever felt, I've never come close to fainting before, I realise I've not experienced child birth but I will bet it was worse than that.

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2016, 08:54:25 pm »

There in lies the rub. You get used to something and then forget about it. My elbow hurt for a few weeks and I kept forgetting and resting or leaning on it and of course it hurt again. Once you get it into your head that it needs to be remembered at every relevent time, it soon heals.

Poor Pam, what with her back and now ear drums:O( Do wish her well as it must feel like a string of bad luck what with you chopping your hand off as well (Or trying to)  :D
Pond weed is your enemy

Crossie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2016, 09:55:46 pm »

I'm not going to call you anything having done pretty stupid things to myself now and again. I bet you called yourself much worse names when you did it! I do hope though that it heals quickly and that you can avoid whacking it on anything else, how about making up a bit of foam or silicone protection? I know that it'll be in the way when you're trying to do anything but will absorb impact should you knock it again, so take care, at least for the next few days till this run of troubles passes.

Trevor

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2016, 10:08:02 pm »

Is this thread going to need one of those TV warnings for the squeamish.... like me!   {:-{

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/Builds/S130/Part_6.htm
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

kpnuts

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2016, 09:12:32 pm »

Here's how it looks tonight, I know it looks OK but it's throbbing a bit.

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2016, 10:35:19 pm »

At least the spare bit you tried to remove is the same colour as the rest of your thumb! I am sure now that it will heal, though i recall getting twangs of pain for months afer doing my finger redesign. I suppose the delicate tissues and capillaries are busy trying to replumb and all that medical stuff.
Pond weed is your enemy

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2016, 10:47:46 pm »

I once dropped a scalpel, it just brushed my leg on the way down - didnt feel a thing, it was over an hour later I found I had a sock full of blood

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2016, 12:43:53 am »

Is this thread going to need one of those TV warnings for the squeamish.... like me!   {:-{

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/Builds/S130/Part_6.htm

Yep needs a R18 rating due to the violence, blood, and gore.
Gunna build those other boats one day.

bfgstew

• Full Mayhemer
  • Comfortably Numb
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2016, 05:21:57 am »

Could be worse................. %% %% %% %% %

"Give me a ping Vasili. One ping only, please"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 21 queries.