Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Service!!!...What is going on?  (Read 1436 times)

Ron Rees

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Service!!!...What is going on?
« on: November 01, 2016, 10:42:47 am »

Needed a few bits for a new project so went on the Hobbyking site. I'm a 'Platinum' customer, whatever that is supposed to mean. Well, it's all changed, and most galling of all, all the lovely little brushless motors that we boaters can use in our models have disappeared, to be replaced by 'Blxxxdy' drone motors with Kvs of 2000-4500, absolutely useless.
Now, as well, you don't really know if you are searching the UK warehouse or China with its 2-3 week wait and customs charges, because that has been changed too!. Still there is no telephone number to ring if you have a question either. Customer service is less than NIL.
Half of the technical info , little drawings with actual sizes have gone as well.
I have spent a fortune at that place, can they really afford to lose customers so quickly? 

On the other hand....Searching online for an item and found it on the MODEL BOAT BITS web site. Gave their clearly displayed number a ring with a simple question at 4pm last Friday. Spoke to a lovely bloke, upbeat, friendly and helpful. When I told him the sizes I needed he told me he would make them for me the next day and get them straight in the post. First thing Monday morning they arrived...perfect... and super quality, exactly what I needed. Fair prices and Postage/packing..£1.75.

NOW THATS WHAT I CALL GOOD SERVICE.

Maybe we should start voting with our feet a bit more and try to find what we need at our own small businesses in the UK. These people clearly go out of their way to support us...superb.

Ron

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
Re: Service!!!...What is going on?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 11:03:54 am »

Personally never minded the wait- not in that much of a hurry.

HK are primarily box shifters, good for cheap motors batteries and radio kit. Helps if you  know what it is you want. If you don't know what you want and need advice, then perhaps not so good. All well and good to say support local suppliers- quite often they don't have what I'm after.

Regarding low KV motors, not sure where you are looking on their site, but I found it easy to find a huge selection, which seems to be more extensive than it was in earlier times. Don't forget that multicopters/drones come in bigger sizes too and they need low revving motors to swing larger props. This has improved the range of low KV outrunners which are ideal for scale models with bigger slower turning props.

Using the motor finder tool makes finding motors a lot easier than browsing through various pages.

Kipper

• Full Mayhemer
  • Bodgitts Dry Dock Co.
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 10:02:51 pm »

You can now select which warehouse from the available ones, by clicking the flag on the same bar as the item title.
I find the new layout no more difficult than the last one, in fact I think it's easier to use.
Im gonna need a bigger shed.

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 04:03:28 am »

Yes, and if the item is not available from your local warehouse it states where it can be, such as global etc.
Gunna build those other boats one day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.