Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ukraine Naval Ships Help!  (Read 734 times)

David - Dry Dock 3D

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Ukraine Naval Ships Help!
« on: May 10, 2022, 10:52:28 am »

Hi All

I have an 11 year old Ukrainian boy living with me now due to the war going on, and he and his mothing ill be with us for at least a year at the moment.

I took him down to Wicksteed Park which is our Local Club and met up with  Nick, Bill and a the rest of the clan, and Pasha the Ukrainian boy was fascinated.  He has not stopped talking about all of the different types of boats on the water.  He has been playing everyday with a small solar powered boat kit I bought him in our pool.

He will be coming to Model Boat Mayhem with me also.

Now I know nothing about Naval Boats, but what I would like to try and do is find either a kit or a part built boat that is used by the Ukraine Navy for him to have as his owns. So its got to fly the Ukraine flag.  If someone even has something for sale I will consider it.

I found a list below but I have no clue as to what possible kits this may related to. Again it can be any of the below vessals as long as its Ukranian.  I lean on your expertise :) Thank you all and hopefully we might have something on the water for MBM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_Ukrainian_Navy_ships

tonyH

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
Re: Ukraine Naval Ships Help!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 01:36:45 pm »

Hi David,
Sadly, according to Wiki, almost all the Ukranian navy seems to have been "borrowed" by their current foe over the last few years leaving the gyurza-M class only but this may be of use to someone versed in 3D? https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/gyurza-m-class-artillery-boat-58155-42ac5ff9daf742c1b6acb1dd56f417bfAlternatively, there are plenty of plans around for the Krivak class of frigate, so you may find a model of one that could become the Hetman Sahaidachny.

David - Dry Dock 3D

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 02:25:26 pm »

Thanks buddy. I have emailed the designer to see if it’s possible I can convert it to 3D Print. I probably could but would take some serious hours :)

David - Dry Dock 3D

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2022, 02:31:04 pm »

Umi_Ryuzuki

• Full Mayhemer
    • Models and Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2022, 05:31:09 pm »

If he is fascinated by WWII naval ships, then there are any number of 1:700 scale models available to build.
1:350, or 1:200 can be converted to RC.  He can re-imagine the Ukranian naval forces to his own delight.
Re-flagging the ship is the easy part, as real navies do it all the time.  ok2
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 23 queries.