Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1976 Swordsman reborn . . . again.  (Read 14842 times)

imsinking

• Full Mayhemer
Re: 1976 Swordsman reborn . . . again.
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2021, 02:07:39 pm »

I do stand quite close to my two incomplete Aerokits based Swordsman models most days........usually as I am working on my various Rapier and Javelin models   {-)      but they are making some progress now and I intend returning to the Swordsman in the near future.

I am looking forward to running a Swordsman again........the Southport Lake really needs some regular Swordsman activity!
Looking bad on the Wirral now lake wise , Ashton Park West Kirkby / Gautby Road Birkenhead are closed with Blue/Green Algae presence in the water , the New Brighton lake is still open , but we have to fight the skinny dippers for water space ( better them than me , I wouldn't dip in it , the stuff we fish out of there 3 times a week is unbelievable ) I wear gloves when HANDLING boats /buoys etc & wash down my boat with clean water before putting it away , think I'll get a prayer mat in the hope we stay open .
Bill

zooma

• Full Mayhemer
  • Never too old to learn !
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2021, 05:23:42 pm »

We added water treatment to the lake at Southport (to prevent weed) and the water is nice and clear (but black coloured)
This is done every year to keep it clear.

We are not so far away from you if you get stuck or fancy a change.

imsinking

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2021, 08:12:28 pm »

We added water treatment to the lake at Southport (to prevent weed) and the water is nice and clear (but black coloured)
This is done every year to keep it clear.

We are not so far away from you if you get stuck or fancy a change.
We use the Dyofix blue in the lake ( might be what's attracting the swimmers)
Heard last week that the Ellesmere Port Model Boat club have had to move from their Hooton Park site & dismantle the lake they built , and that's a shame they spent a lot of cash on that , filtration plant / Dyofix and regular debris clearances , it was an ideal venue for their model boat show , but no more . . .
Bill

zooma

• Full Mayhemer
  • Never too old to learn !
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2021, 09:50:45 pm »

That is a shocking loss of a well established local facility, do you know the reason given for this by any chance?
Will this be the end of the Ellesmere Port Model Boat Club, or are they able to safely relocate?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.