Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: voltage reducer v resistors  (Read 11190 times)

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
Re: voltage reducer v resistors
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2016, 12:52:39 am »

Nah. The rest of t'shops have since closed but t'sparrers still fly back'uds to keep t'muck out their eyes.... I doubt if there is any equivalent paradise in Oz; it's only been there a few billion years, after all.
For the benefit of our Oz cousins, Mansfield used to be a colliery town in North Nottinghamshire. The pits have long closed but it's still filthy-dirty and the rancour between the former members of the two rival pit unions still festers there. O, and they now have another Victorian employer who pays poverty wages and fines his slaves for going to the loo. His name is Mike Ashley and he owns JJB Sports and some football club up north somewhere..... ;D
For what it's worth I always use resistors with LEDs, mainly because I have boxes of the things!
 DM
Maybe our fore fathers had  some weird sense of humour in naming places in New Australia or to remind them of what they had gone before?                                                                                                         
Gunna build those other boats one day.

inertia

« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2016, 09:00:57 am »

Maybe our fore fathers had  some weird sense of humour in naming places in New Australia or to remind them of what they had gone before?                                                                                                       
You can be sure of it. Melbourne Mk1 is actually in South Derbyshire, although I don't think there's an Alice Springs anywhere in UK. On the other hand the NE of the USA looks like a map of old English place names.
DM

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2016, 09:04:53 am »

There is a village named California, just north of Bath and East of Bristol, in the UK.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2016, 09:22:21 am »

There is a village named California, just north of Bath and East of Bristol, in the UK.
I think you mean Pennsylvania, unless there is a Cali too.  :-)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2016, 10:19:31 am »

Names are repeated all over what used to be the British Empire. In the course of a visit to Nova Scotia (geddit?) this year, we left Halifax, stayed overnight at Liverpool on the River Mersey and had lunch in Yarmouth. There were many other examples of towns being named after the original UK ones.

Colin

Gopher

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2016, 06:42:28 pm »

just a quick update, today I received a little parcel from the component shop full resistors and led's, I ordered what I thought was right, but just to be sure I emailed and asked them to check I gave them the voltages I work with, they were extremely helpful and  told me I had got it right, I have tried a random sample and I am a very happy bunny, maplins are kicked well into touch, and if any of the component shop guys are on here many thanks and the same to everyone else who had an input, although we did wander a bit at the end, how we go from voltage reducers to Mike Ashley I'm not sure

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2016, 06:54:35 pm »

Pm sent.

Stan

Stavros

« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2016, 08:01:13 pm »

Funnily enough I spoke to iain personally about this today and he knew all about it ..........Iain is a member on here and he will see what has been posted

Dave

inertia

« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2016, 11:25:11 pm »

I think you mean Pennsylvania, unless there is a Cali too.  :-)
There's a California just to the south west of Derby city centre. Sunshine and surf don't get a look-in there. It makes Shirebrook look like The Seychelles.

Mike Ashley is marginally more interesting than LEDs....unless you're deeply interested in LEDs. Those MPs missed a trick today; one of them should have pocketed the "hidden" camera and said nowt. Perfect blackmail material...  http://news.sky.com/story/sports-direct-denies-knowledge-of-hidden-camera-in-tray-of-sandwiches-10649803

Maplins resistors are unfeasibly expensive, even if you buy a lot. Don't.

DM
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.