Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Diesel sound generator  (Read 3824 times)

Angus64

• Full Mayhemer
Diesel sound generator
« on: November 02, 2016, 11:15:41 pm »

Hi Boys. I am back again with another problem. I purchased a diesel sound generator from Model radio workshop & fitted it to my larger model boat, the unit works well but when I throttle up or down the sound goes up & down with the movement of the radio stick control, but my motor cuts out  both forward & reverse.I am using a BEC from (Action electronics) which has worked well for some years now  with a Marine ESC-50 which has a built in ESC but not connected.   can anyone tell me how I fix the problem. thank you.
Angus64.   

g6swj

• Full Mayhemer
  • Short Wave Jammer! -.-
Re: Diesel sound generator
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 09:11:11 am »

Hi Angus,

To allow a Mayhemer to help you it be good to describe how things are connected to each other, the receiver and how they are powered etc and at what point do the motors cut out assuming they start..

Regards
Jonathan

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 09:47:25 am »

Yes, what Jonathan says!

Does the motor work OK if you disconnect the sound generator?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

inertia

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 10:12:22 am »

Sounds like 'brown-out' again.
First make sure the main battery is fully charged. That generally means charging it up again.
If problem persists then disconnect the ACTion BEC and try using a separate battery pack (fully charged...) for the receiver.
DM

Angus64

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 10:18:15 pm »

Thank you all for your reply's. The boat is powered with a 12 amp hour lead acid battery & is fully charged, The receiver is powered with a Action BEC 6 V. The motor is a 300 Watt 13 pole motor driving a 1.5 meter boat through a 80 mm 4 blade propeller . The motor will run perfectly when I disconnect the sound unit & connect directly from the receiver to the ESC,also motor motor will run when I have the sound generator connected in the line from the receiver to the ESC but will stop when I put a few revs on the motor, some times it will run up to full revs for a few seconds & then cut out, sometimes it doesn't start the motor at all.The sound generator runs well all the time & revs up & down without any problem. It is only a problem when the sound generator is connected in the line from the receiver to the ESC to motor.

.12 volt Battery to---  6V BEC to--- receiver--- to diesel sound unit--- to ESC--- to motor   

g6swj

• Full Mayhemer
  • Short Wave Jammer! -.-
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 11:29:58 pm »

Angus,
Can you use a Y lead from RX so that the ESC and sound unit both see a "clean" RX signal.

From your description it looks like the throttle output from the sound unit to ESC is suspect
Regards
Jonathan

Angus64

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 04:09:27 am »

g6swj               I think you might be on the right track there with the Y lead, I can't pick one up here so I ordered on online should be here in a couple of days, I will let you know how I go with it
Angus.

Angus64

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2016, 09:59:25 am »

Hi. I thought I had posted the other night, But nothing appeared so I will try again. I received my Y lead & fitted it to the boat as suggested it has done the trick just fine everything works as it should now. I always get the information on this forum to get me up & running again. great forum. & thanks for the help.  :-))
Angus. 

missyd

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 05:58:20 am »

Please note that a 12V lead acid battery fully loaded may have up to 13-14 volts.... Way too much for a module that wants 12V .... Had a similar problem with my ESC units on my FV Cornelia Marie.
Cheers
Danielle

All lost pictures of the N. Loredana ---> visit the following link:
https://nuovaloredana.imgur.com/all/
All pictures can be found on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/fvcorneliamarie
https://www.facebook.com/MpNuovaLoredana/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 23 queries.