Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DX6 Repair  (Read 1492 times)

Captain Flack

• Full Mayhemer
DX6 Repair
« on: November 05, 2016, 09:20:18 pm »

Several weeks ago my DX6(about 2 years old) RF board died so went back to Horizon for repair.  On return I had to rebind my models but although they seem to bind I can't get the DSM2 Orange RXs that I had to work.  The DSMX Orange Rxs are no problem, or at least don't appear to be.  I have heard that when returned to HH for repair the new legislation doesn't allow for DSM2 anymore and any software/firmware upgrades removes that.

Is that correct?  Searching the internet just seems to cause even more confusion.

g6swj

• Full Mayhemer
  • Short Wave Jammer! -.-
Re: DX6 Repair
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 09:32:02 am »

Spectrum and the standard EN 300 328 1.8.1

On 01.01.2015, the revised standard EN 300 328 in the version 1.8.1 has come into force in the European Union.  This naturally has some effects on the area of ​​model sports and the technology used there.  However, the effects are less dramatic, as sometimes presented.
  The new standard aims to impose a more economical use of the 2.4GHz resource for future users, a result of the intensive use of this tape by all possible applications from all sectors of industry and the consumer goods industry.
  The entry into force of the standard requires that only those installations which are equivalent to version 1.8.1 of the EN 300 328 standard can be imported into the EU after 31.12.2015.  This means that all installations which cross the EU border after this date must be compliant.  Installations and RTF Articles that are within the EU's borders before this date can also be resold.
  All spectrum equipment we are currently importing conforms to the new standard.  This can be seen in either the new item number or the new declaration of conformity.
  Of course the standard change affects all categories, flight, car and ship, as well as high power and low power applications.
  In the area of ​​flight, the future systems will no longer support the current transmission standard DSM2, but will only operate with DSMX.  This also means that future software updates are offered according to article numbers.  For systems that still support DSM2 today, only software updates for the operating software are offered.  For the systems according to a new standard software updates are provided for the HF as well as for the operating software.
  For the end user, the conversion of the standard also has no consequences.  All systems on the market can be operated without restrictions.  A need to update attachments to 1.8.1.  There is not and a technical advantage with a performance improvement is also not.

Best Regards
  Horizon Hobby Team

Apologies if you already found the above text - it does indicate that "new kit" does not support DSM2 and I guess they put a new board in your tranny.

I guess googling is only good to a point - to confirm 100% the situation you would need to ask the repairer to confirm the situation - did they fix/replace/amend firmware of your old RF board.

Regards
Jonathan

Captain Flack

• Full Mayhemer
Re: DX6 Repair
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 12:07:38 pm »

Thanks for the reply.

I contacted HH and as assumed the reply was that under the new legislation they are not permitted to fit dsm2 boards any more only dsmx.  So off to change everything. :(( :(( :((
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 21 queries.