Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1293 times)

deltaman

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« on: November 11, 2016, 11:52:37 am »

Hello to all existing members of this forum, this is my first post on this site, I have been a model boat builder of and on for a number of years, (to many when I think back) the last model constructed was the 48" RAF crash tender built from scratch, just looking at the Veron Huntsman this time.
I live in South Lincolnshire at present, I look forward to posting in the future when I decide on what to build, I will no doubt want some help on the more modern aspects of current running gear etc. which I am currently out of date with, you may have to bear with me as I am getting on a bit these days but I enjoy model making.

Many thanks

rnli12

• Full Mayhemer
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 12:19:26 pm »

Hi,
Welcome to the forum, I'm sure we will help you as best we can.
Happy building.
Rich
Regards,

Rich

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
  • What's my favourite cake!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 04:10:03 pm »

Welcome from another relatively newcomer.

I also like the Fairey boats and will be starting the build of one soon. In fact I visited the International Show today to pick up some tools and materials for when time permits. The spend has begun!

I don't think the Veron Huntsman kit is available anymore? So, are you looking to build from plans? 

Chris
Building Fairey Marine boats: River Cruiser 23 prototype, Huntress 23 Long Cabin with stern-drive, Huntsman 28, Huntsman 31 and Swordsman 33 and two more to come! All scratch built and to a scale of 1:12

deltaman

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 04:17:22 pm »

Hi Chris

Yes I have a set of the plans and building information, so I just need to get the wood sorted out so I can make a start. I am looking forward to it. I have tried modeling in other fields but always come back to boats, I have had one or two of the real thing in my time so it must come back to that, also the joy of the build, even when it does not go to plan. (has been known)!!

Stan

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
  • What's my favourite cake!
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 04:29:08 pm »

Hi Stan - I haven't built anything except for plastic plane kits when young so it is going to be fun and a whole new experience for me.

I grew up with various boats in the family which is why they interest me as well.

Building Fairey Marine boats: River Cruiser 23 prototype, Huntress 23 Long Cabin with stern-drive, Huntsman 28, Huntsman 31 and Swordsman 33 and two more to come! All scratch built and to a scale of 1:12
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 22 queries.