Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: vic 32 puffer on channel 4s all 4  (Read 1609 times)

merseyferry

• Full Mayhemer
vic 32 puffer on channel 4s all 4
« on: November 14, 2016, 11:51:34 am »

just watched  great canal  journeys ,,,, episode 6/6  series 4 on catch up tv   i  found it very interesting  esp the vic 32 puffer   :-)) :-))  some beautiful scenery   on the  crinan canal

jimmyc

• Full Mayhemer
Re: vic 32 puffer on channel 4s all 4
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 03:45:04 pm »

It certainly was a great series, but did you see behind the vic 32 was the old Duke of Normandie which was the Jersey tug that the Germans left in the island after the war.  So surprised that she was still afloat and where she was. :-))

AlexC

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 11:20:43 pm »

It certainly was a great series, but did you see behind the vic 32 was the old Duke of Normandie which was the Jersey tug that the Germans left in the island after the war.  So surprised that she was still afloat and where she was. :-))

The 'Duke of Normandy II' is owned and run by the same couple who own the VIC 32 and she is very seaworthy.

She was known as the 'Ems' during the German occupation of WW2.
The existing bridge house is all original, bar one or two small roof struts, and she still has bullet holes, and bullets, in the bridge front woodwork from that wartime period.

She was re-engined in February 1958 with the current Mirrlees diesel engine and was officially re-named 'Duke of Normandy II' in October of 1972.

I have done a fair bit of engineering work on her and also the VIC32.

AlexC :-))

jimmyc

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 10:49:25 am »

Thanks for that info Alex I shall pass it on to our harbour guys over here, there are still a few around that worked on her.         Jim. :-)  (in Jersey)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.283 seconds with 22 queries.