Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HMS DEFENDER INFO AND REBUILD  (Read 5105 times)

TheOldMan

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
HMS DEFENDER INFO AND REBUILD
« on: November 22, 2016, 01:11:45 pm »

First of all let me apologize for the delay in the update on Compass Rose thread,( Illness and other things ) will be done soon I hope. O0
Now the reason for this thread, I have been given an old model of HMS DEFENDER HO7, WW2 vintage, all I know is, it is about 20+ years old, and was built by a PETER DICKINS, not sure if spelt right. The hull is fiber glass, the rest looks like ply.
Can anyone shed any light on it, also as i want to restore it any pics would be a help. The esc looks a home build not certain if its 35MHz or 2.4 GHz ? {:-{ . Some parts are missing but without a plan or pics cant tell. I have also been told I have HMS HOOD and another ship  to come as well may be same scale. Thank you in advance.
Chris :-)

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: HMS DEFENDER INFO AND REBUILD
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 04:00:18 pm »

Hi there,

There is a possibility that this model may have been built from the late Mr Norman A Ough's plans, which are originally for HMS Daring 1932 - a D Class destroyer - I know (I think it's Deans - who do a model of a D Class) but I am sure that is at 1:96 scale and if you ask them nicely you may be able to purchase a set of plans for the D Class.

Your speed controller - at first sight - I thought it was a Maplins' Kit from about 1980 - but - having a 2nd look - its not.

It may be a very first ACTion one or, I strongly believe - its the Hunter one.   One of the very first ones of the home made built kits.   If it still works, it should work on 27 or 40 mghz and I am sure, if you have the right receiver, it should work on 2.4

Hope this is of some help.

John