Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 1362 times)

jax

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Greetings
« on: December 07, 2016, 12:30:47 pm »

Hi forum members,

I'm very impressed with the friendliness and help on this site so I thought it worth joining.

My model making interests started a long time ago due to interest in military history so was confined to painting figures and dioramas.  A friend of my wife asked if I would build a static model of a Puffer that she wanted as a present for her husband. I enjoyed making it and was quite pleased with the result so thought I would attempt a working model. Not sure how it came about but I ended up working on two. Partly due to that neither of them are quite finished, they float ok in the bath but i'll only discover if they actually work when I get to a pond after the winter. I'll hopefully manage to attach pics of these models.

I must have caught the boat building bug as I already have taken initial steps on my next build. I'm sure I'll be posting a few questions which I hope you experienced gentleman will be able to help me with as at the moment the hours I work make attending clubs impossible.

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 04:45:16 pm »

Welcome Jax, nice work on your boat, puffer is my favourite :-)). Put your area on with an avatar so that locals can perhaps contact you or advise products, shows near to you and so on
.  No use telling you to get brand X if it isn't available in your country or district etc or nip along to x if you are a thousand miles/Km or two away.  What are your next projects ?
..well can you land on this?

davidm1945

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 04:53:13 pm »

Hi jax,
    Dunno about you asking us questions, judging by the standard of your work there may be some that we can ask you...
What scale are you building to?

Dave.
Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do. Robert A Heinlein.

jax

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 12:35:50 pm »

Thanks Dave and Arrow5 for your comments.

Dave, the models are all !/32 although its a common scale in military modelling it just happened that way not through any special fondness I have for it ( available space and my wife vetoed thoughts of building the more usual 1/24 barge!)

Arrow5, my next project (emphasis on the singular, I'm sticking to one at a time from now on) is a Bristol Channel Pilot Cutter which I hope to start soon but I'm working extra hours up to christmas so time is limited. I saw it on the Traplet Shop site and liked the look of it plus liked the idea of buying a grp hull to (hopefully) save time. 

At the moment I'm studying the plans and searching the net but I'm afraid I already have a few questions which I've not found answers to yet. Probably very basic questions but I'd appreciate any advice. I'll post them soon if I can't resolve them myself.

Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.