Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: An open letter, Bryan Young  (Read 4945 times)

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
Re: An open letter, Bryan Young
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2016, 03:42:23 pm »

Pontiff? Honorary Diocese?  Jake Thackray's 'Sister Josephine' comes more to mind...

Barry M
Aha! I wondered how long it would take for steam-boat Mickey to huff and puff his way into view waving his tattered Saltire.
I've already ordered my mitre, but as crooks are not readily available in this neck of the woods, I was going to ask if any were available in the lowland of Caledonia.
However, as your comments were marginally less acerbic than usual (no doubt that will change when "normal" service is resumed. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2016, 04:20:27 pm »

Good to hear you are around Bryan  :-))

Sorry to hear your driving and modelling days are over, but at least the ring pulling finger is working ! Just think if it was still the days of Tennents with those pop bottle caps and the top end spanner !
If I ever get back up Tyneside again I will make a point of finding the museum and having a look at my rice bowl in the Tynesider's wheelhouse !

Best wishes

Mike
    Your bowl of porridge is still there, but may need re-heating by now. I really enjoyed making that model, but if it's possible, I've been even more gratified by the public reaction to it. Of course the build time could have been halved if if BarryM (stand-by first as was) and I hadn' t got carried away with the private lives of the passengers!
As far as driving and model making are concerned, well, what will be will be and it's no good just bleating about it. But as I mentioned earlier, this large screen iPad has proved to be a lifesaver....my original 7" screen version can't hold a candle to it. So all in all, I just take each day as it comes.....I forgot to mention that watching TV on the new machine is lifesaver no.2. Bryan.

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2016, 05:20:22 pm »

Aha! I wondered how long it would take for steam-boat Mickey to huff and puff his way into view waving his tattered Saltire.
I've already ordered my mitre, but as crooks are not readily available in this neck of the woods, I was going to ask if any were available in the lowland of Caledonia.
However, as your comments were marginally less acerbic than usual (no doubt that will change when "normal" service is resumed. BY.

No crooks in Geordie land???? I thought it was full of them?

Barry M
PS Awaiting your reply to my last Epistle to the Whibblyonians.

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2016, 07:03:47 pm »

Welcome back Bryan
I never really post much on here but I used to love reading your stories of your years at sea, I hope you will be able to tell us all some more of your storeys now your back. :-))
Thanks Rob. I'm afraid that I'm all storied out now. But as I can't recall what I wrote, I doubt if you can either...try reading them again! Regards. Bryan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.