Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New starter from Leicester  (Read 1550 times)

glyn44

• Flying Sailor
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Pass the grog!
New starter from Leicester
« on: December 11, 2016, 09:53:29 am »

Hello to all,

I'm of a mind, not sure why, to build a kit boat, of some description. I'm already a modeller having built many RC aircraft. Therefore I already possess several tx's, outrunners,ESC, servos etc. ( though I'm not sure how to get an outrunner into reverse without microswitches, but I'm sure there will be a way.

I know there is, or was, a club near me (Kinglear) but I'm having some trouble contacting them. I filled in their web contact form but never received anything in return. Their web site uses flash, so my iPad is useless for looking at the site properly! I was hoping to go along for a chat and advice as to a suitable kit to, that would suit me. I don't want a power boat type (yet!) but nothing to docile to be boring. Something upto £125 is ok.

Any advice from you forum members much appreciated.

From a present landlubber,

Glyn.

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
  • I`M YOUR FRIENDLY TRUCKER
Re: New starter from Leicester
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 11:20:29 am »

Go on Facebook, model boats UK, contact Graham Taylor or Marie burdett, and king Lear is in full swing as per normal

Baloo (martin)

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
Re: New starter from Leicester
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 08:40:39 am »

You can contact Graham or Marie through the following Facebook page.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/909756049061385/

We also have a regular meeting on the first Tuesday of the month at "The Gate Hangs Well" pub near Syston.  We sail on King Lear lake at the Watermead Country Park (North) most Sunday mornings (weather permitting).  We'ed be delighted to see you at the meeting or the lake!
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.