Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > Microprocessor control

T.A.R.G.E.T - Rotating Seven gun turrets?

<< < (2/86) > >>

Netleyned:
Using two sail drum servos and Kenny's
Elastic Band  with a Y lead connected
between the two hull sections might
work from one channel Bob.
Not tried it myself, just a suggestion.

Ned

John W E:
Hi ya Bob, what model is this actually for?    I have had a quick look through your postings to see if I could see which model this would be for, but, I am unsure?

Generally speaking though on a warship, not all the turrets will turn at the same time.  Also, they will not all be pointing in the same direction - there will only be a select amount of guns which point outwards at the same time.   If the guns on the starboard side of the ship are facing outboard/starboard - the guns on the portside wouldn't (I am sure) traverse and fire across deck - they would stay in a fore and aft position.

Really, you should be using 2 channels for your gun movements and these 2 channels could be split with Y leads accordingly.   

I did forget to mention, I added the Y leads before the servo slowers - also, I used 2 channels.

John

Netleyned:
He's got Deans Marineitis :D
Seen the new Grey Machine
and fallen for it.
Its bigger than his car so
a split hull is needed.
Ned

Bob K:
Hello John,  I intend building one of these during 2017.  Correct Ned - Yes, I am crazy.  Over 7 ft long

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56290.msg584168.html#msg584168

I looked up servo slowers, they use them for model aircraft landing gear retract.  Bookmarked it. 
http://modelradioworkshop.co.uk/shop/servo-control-devices/5-servo-turret-controller/
Thanks.
I guess I can have one slower per turret or pair, slightly different timings, to bring all guns to a broadside firing position.  Guns barrels raising using a guide inside turrets. 

Plastic - RIP:
With that number at that scale, I'd be putting a little dc motor in each turret with microswitch & diode travel limits - with gearboxes, you can make them move nice & slow. Drive them all from a single speed controller so they all track at the same speed - they would synchronise position when they all reach an endstop.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version