Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another use fo the iPad.ination  (Read 1424 times)

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
Another use fo the iPad.ination
« on: December 25, 2016, 05:48:07 pm »

This may sound stupidly simple and self-evident. But if that's so to forum readers then I'm either as thick as a plank or ready to be admitted to a house for the bewildered.
   Many members of this tea-party are "of a certain age" and quite possibly have some sort of vision impediment. 
Reading a newspaper is just one of them. Bright lights and magnifying glasses are de-rigour here.
Stuff and nonsense say I,
Most (if not all) have an "on-line" issue. Go for it!
After months of struggle and proccastination I coded to subscribe to "our" daily papers on-line issue. Much trepidation. (As is normal with us geriatrics) I took the plunge..results?...almost biblical.
I've never been a great fan of reading stuff on-screen, preferring "print"..but when needs must etc....
The cost over a year is about 1/3rd of.. the paper one. Everything is in there from incontinence pads to stair lifts....and the "news" bits. And it,s easy to read. Even most of the crosswords are ith the exception of one A letter of complaint to the editor is imminent.
I'm not sure what colour ink the Guardian uses, but my B&W is fine I love it. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

verithingeoff

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
    • Hofner Verithin Guitars
Re: Another use fo the iPad.ination
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 11:19:43 pm »

G'day Brian
As a person of a certain age I too like the online papers however I don't like paying for them ;-)

Have a look at this link and see if your local or county library has a subscription. Our Queensland state library is a subscriber and as a member [free] I get access to hundreds of papers and magazines from all over the world https://library.pressdisplay.com/
Growing old disgracefully in Queensland
http://modelandtoysteamforum.myfineforum.org/

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Another use fo the iPad.ination
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 03:24:47 pm »

G'day Brian
As a person of a certain age I too like the online papers however I don't like paying for them ;-)

Have a look at this link and see if your local or county library has a subscription. Our Queensland state library is a subscriber and as a member [free] I get access to hundreds of papers and magazines from all over the world https://library.pressdisplay.com/
Your library service is evidently funded entirely different to ours. Ours is funded out of the "Council Tax"'. Supposedly "free" but isn't. Apart from that, I can't imagine any of the local councils in th UK even dreaming of such a thing as all they seem to do is to dream up ever more ways of screwing more and more money out of their residents. Bryan.
Notes from a simple seaman
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.