Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: winch  (Read 2315 times)

Angus64

• Full Mayhemer
winch
« on: December 28, 2016, 05:28:19 am »

Hi Boys. another question. The winches on my side trawler are run using Towardpro MG996R servos operated from Planet T5 Radio using the throttle trim & the Aileron trim . The starbord side will adjust with the trim Ok but the Port side trim is at the limit & the winch still creeps pulling the boom hard up to the stop it just makes a very slight ticking sound & is slowly raising the trawl boom, I tried a servo trimmer/servo set from RC World which made very little difference. Is there anything out there that will allow me to return the trim adjust lever back to center so I can make fine adjustment to the trim.I have replaced the servo & the receiver witch got a bit wet when it lost power in a turn & took on a bit of water it was still working when I dried it out & the new one has made no difference, but don't know what I should try next. Any suggestions.
Angus. 

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: winch
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 07:28:21 am »

The Action P96 servo morph might be worth looking at. The link is for a pdf document outlining the specs and performance, and shows the set up process.

http://www.action-electronics.co.uk/pdfs/P96.pdf
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Skimmer Fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 08:47:07 am »

Not sure if this will work for you.
Set your transmitter with all the trims in the centre positions and then rebind your transmitter and receiver.
Regards
Skimmer Fan

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 09:27:17 am »

Plug a spare servo into the offending channel, see what it does.  If a valid signal is being received, it should behave normally.

The information starts at the transmitter, gets processed by the receiver, and acted on by the servo which compares the position information coming in with its own and tries to match them.  The problem could be with any of the stages.  Without some quite sophisticated test gear, the process becomes one of elimination by substitution.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Angus64

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 04:55:39 am »

Hi Boys. I tried setting my transmitter with all the trims in center position & rebinding my transmitter to receiver & it has done the trick,I had tried changing the servo without success, so I have a new servo on that winch now. Back sailing without the trawl boom creeping up all the time.  thanks for all the help.
Angus.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 23 queries.