Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dilemma with a Destroyer  (Read 2311 times)

bigfella

Dilemma with a Destroyer
« on: August 17, 2007, 11:37:55 pm »

Hi All

Heres the story so far. In December I bought a 35inch Destroyer of Ebay and the seller quoted 18pounds for shipping to Australia which I dully paid. Soon after the item was returned to the seller from Parcel force for insufficient postage should of been 40odd pounds. My problem is the seller wont send the article to me until parcelforce return the postage to him. I wont send anymore money to him for postage as he wants the whole amount as parcelforce are delaying refund.

This has gone on to long for me and I have lost interest in the Destroyer.

If someone in the UK wants this boat and can pick it up from seller and can swap me something I need, that would be fantastic.

What I need is Higgins PT Boat fittings 1/32 scale, things like Twin 50 cal machine guns, single bofors, Depth charges and various deck fittings. or even a decent ESC or anything that would be a lot more pleasure than an RC boat that is 12,000 miles away.

Regards David

Added: The model is located at Llanelli Carm's SA14 8BH UK (where ever that is)

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Dilemma with a Destroyer
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 07:21:43 pm »

That looks to me like the Glynn Guest MB free plan USS Hibberd, my spare plan of which I've recently sent to Mogsy. I'm thinking of doing one half as big again.

bigfella

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 11:10:59 pm »

Hi All

Thanks Tobyker: At least now I have a name for the Destroyer.

In regards to the swap at this stage I would swap anything of interest. All the person needs to do is pick it up and tell me whats a fair swap once you have a look at the Destroyer. I can email the seller and make arrangements so you can pick it up.

Regards David

bigfella

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 09:02:31 am »

Hi All

Anybody wants to make me an offer for the Destroyer. But make it clean. O0 O0

Regards David

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 07:14:30 pm »

Dear David,

If nothing comes of your swap idea, I would suggest asking for eBay's help with this. It is after all the Sellers responsibility to get your purchase to you properly and as promptly, if something goes wrong, then it is the Sellers job to put it right. They can't just walk away waving their arms about saying they can't do anything - very particularly when you have already paid them money. If they had the postage rate wrong that's their fault... they should have checked this when it was sent... if, however, the PO where it was sent from did not charge sufficient to cover, then it is this PO's fault and they must put it right, however, the Seller must do some jumping up and down and rectify this. I am sure eBay mediation would resolve this problem for you.

Hope you get it sorted out soon.

Regards, Bernard

Tom Eccles

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 07:41:30 pm »

Hi Dave,

I agree with Polaris.
It is my understanding with ebay that the seller sets the price for shipping, you as the customer agree to the price and a contract is struck.

I recommend strongly that you contact ebay and let them arbitrate. that way you should at least get your money back. By the way the carrier is not a party to the contract which is between you and the seller.

Best regards and good luck

Clegg

bigfella

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 09:40:26 pm »

Hi Guys

Ebay cant do anything as the transaction is older than 3 months. I suppose it really is my fault for being so trusting, but that is just my nature. Oh well you learn from your mistakes. :embarrassed: :-\ :-\

Regards David

maninthestreet

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 10:33:31 pm »

Hi All

Heres the story so far. In December I bought a 35inch Destroyer of Ebay and the seller quoted 18pounds for shipping to Australia which I dully paid. Soon after the item was returned to the seller from Parcel force for insufficient postage should of been 40odd pounds. My problem is the seller wont send the article to me until parcelforce return the postage to him. I wont send anymore money to him for postage as he wants the whole amount as parcelforce are delaying refund.

This has gone on to long for me and I have lost interest in the Destroyer.

If someone in the UK wants this boat and can pick it up from seller and can swap me something I need, that would be fantastic.

What I need is Higgins PT Boat fittings 1/32 scale, things like Twin 50 cal machine guns, single bofors, Depth charges and various deck fittings. or even a decent ESC or anything that would be a lot more pleasure than an RC boat that is 12,000 miles away.

Regards David

Added: The model is located at Llanelli Carm's SA14 8BH UK (where ever that is)

Llanelli is in South Wales, west of Swansea, in the county of Carmarthenshire.

bigfella

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 10:07:08 pm »

Hi All

Please see my post in the Sales section.

Regards David
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 23 queries.