Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: mistakes we have made  (Read 16252 times)

kurt cave sikk 27

Re: mistakes we have made
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2007, 05:37:27 pm »

hay danny,where did you get that photo from?thats a good one.i thought it was mike luxton that put his boat to the rescue boat??i cant wait to see dave again to remind him of this one.ha.ha.love it mate O0 kurt

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2007, 06:49:31 pm »

Just to show that when you're World Champion - the mistakes get BIGGER  :o
It happens to us all (sometime or other) and not just OMRA either  ;D
Danny

well well dave if you read this i thought you only parked your boat on the grass at birkenhead ;D ;D

omra85

« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2007, 08:11:28 pm »

Hey chaps - I didn't say that Dave was driving that boat  ;)
I COULD be a pure coincidence that he's collecting a blue and yellow boat for someone else  ::) ::) ;D
Danny

kurt cave sikk 27

« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2007, 09:00:38 pm »

come on danny.we know who it is and whos boat it is,if it was somebody else's boat dave would not be interested,the fact that hes there looking at it must only mean one thing,that picture is the best,poor dave,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :'( ;D

omra85

« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2007, 09:49:55 pm »

I couldn't possibly comment  ;D ;D ;D ;D

banjo

« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2007, 06:35:05 pm »

This afternoon......connected a 6v battery the "wrong" way....Result goodbye 2 X HITEC HS-625 servos @ £27 each!!!
DOH!!!

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2007, 06:54:33 pm »

I may have posted this before but it still annoys me , I had spent a night and a bit making this and decided to take a skim of the input tube so the pipe fitted better, thought ill run the file oner it , then naaaaaaaaaa ill put it in the lath   CLUNK   start again the most annoying thing of it all is I forgot the scale of the boat re made it the same size only to realise it was to big .start again..

Peter

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2007, 07:15:08 pm »

Dear All,

Though unconnected with RC ships etc., when I was involved with a geophysics R/D co. during the late 1980's, they were working one Sat. am. on a prototype unit due out within a few days for field testing in Spain. I had been taking an interest all am. on/off, and, since the top of the main TX was off, had mentioned a couple of times to take care the multi block (about 20 lines), was put back the right way round (I had noticed there was no one way only fit). Well, me not being a tech., thought this was a sensible thing to say anyway. So, the top went back on and the screen burnt didn't it!!! £600 worth - this in 1987! I didn't say a word... just walked back to the office! What made things worse really is that it was the Tech. Dir. who put it back!!! Well, I suppose in the grand scheme of things it's not that large really, the Frogs did manage to build an aircraft carrier some years ago only to find the Launch Deck was about 40m too short!!! :D

Regards, Bernard

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2007, 12:46:27 am »

NOW I THOUGHT THAT PETE SHOULD HAVE COME ON THIS THEAD AND OWNED UP TO TAKE KURTS PROPS  HIDDEN INSIDE A LIFE JACKET BACK TO THE CLUB HOUSE STORES,THEN LETTING KURT HUNT THEM DOWN FOR THE BEST PART OF AN HOUR ,I AM SORRY PETE BUT IT HAS TO BE THESE GUYS  :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:....ALAN  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Abuelo3

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2007, 08:17:29 pm »

Cyanocrilate:
Hello to everyone from Veracruz, Mexico.
I have the fortune of living in this Port, sunny and easygoing, my Wife, She is a wise lady, allways have a word of care and safety to me when I'm at my workbench, one sunday at the morning I was gluing one stick of wood to a fiberglase ed hull with one of those small bottle of cyanocrilato, the most fluid kind of this, off course I drunk before almost half of pint of the best coffee in Mexico, the brand that is from Chiapas, Mexico, This glue do not emerge from the bottle, so I grip it with all the energy I could, at that time, I'm not wearing my bifocals lenses, so I didn't saw the glue, a lot of glue in the hull, the stick of wood a my left hand, also the rig th hand, so I wait for 5 minutes in order to get a perfect fit, and surprise, me and the model ship were just an unique thing, maybe for the rest of my life, so being a MD, with a Masters D in Environmental Health,I sit to think about this tragedy before doing anything wrong or something that can hurts me blady, but, remember the coffee, yes, in that moment, rig th now I have to go, I mean have to go,  :embarrassed:, I was able to pull down the shorts and walk to the bathroom, in that moment, my Wife, and two lady's, friend of Her, open the street door, my reaction was to cover me with the model ship, so I put the hull over the genitals zone, my Wife see immediately that I was in the middle of an ships construction accident, so to make that unforgettable said: In the name of God, what are you doing to that model, like I have some problems of sexual habits, I learn this lesson, I allways wear the glasses, I respect the glues and those ladys never be at home since that sunday morning. :angel:

omra85

« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2007, 08:25:34 pm »

Godo - that is great  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I bet you and your giant "cover" are the talk of the town  :o :o

Danny

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2007, 08:26:01 pm »

Godo as an MD, can you tell if it is dangerous to keep laughing because I can't stop after reading your post??
Chris

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2007, 08:49:56 pm »

I nearly choked to death on reading that, funniest thing I've heard in years - stiill laughing. My wife thought I'd had a fit - I had!

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2007, 09:17:35 pm »

Colin, it's yet another unfinished  hull used as a 'toolbox'!

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2007, 09:20:20 pm »

Oh, don't you start - I still haven't recovered.

edible_engine

« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2007, 09:28:05 pm »

if driving in to a bank counts then hers mine

hit a bank only doing 10 mph tops

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2007, 09:31:08 pm »

Made a mess of that then. :'(
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2007, 09:40:47 pm »

There was a chap asking how to cut slots here on the forum only recently ..... ;D

Ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

Abuelo3

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2007, 09:49:04 pm »

Best regards from Veracruz,Mexico
Dear all, I'm glad if my mistake make you to smile, but let me write some words of advice: O0 Please, be cautious and carefull when you are using that kind of glue, I beg to everyone to wear allways some kind of eyes protection at the workbench.
Good Wind

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2007, 09:51:06 pm »

There was a chap asking how to cut slots here on the forum only recently ..... ;D

Ken

Kenny

They are too big and not quite accurate enough. Bet they were done quickly though.  ;D

Doug
Don't Assume Check

edible_engine

« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2007, 09:57:25 pm »

hope to have it back on the water tomorrow the crash didn't harm the propellers surprisingly i would hate to think what it would do to a human and it was only idling when it did that.

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2007, 09:58:03 pm »

Cut twice ............  measure once                   ;D
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

Colin H

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2007, 10:14:38 pm »

Sorry Godo but I have just had to shout the wife to read your post we are now both sat with tears in our eyes, WEe just can't stop laughing.

Just glad the genitailia (if thats how its spelt) did not get mixed up with the cyro :o :o.

Colin & Mrs H ;D ;D
do every thing today tomorrow may not arrive.

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2007, 10:33:14 pm »

Godo, I assume you were wearing the correct safety equipment for working with superglue ie.. protective facemask. You don't want to set a bad example to the children !
I looked at all the smileys in an effort to find one which fits your post but there are so many I found to be suitable, I have included them all.. here goes:     :) or :D or  :o or ::) or :( or 8) or :embarrassed: or :P or the best one.... :-\
I'm with you on this one Colin...still laughing.. must'nt read it again...... oh perhaps just one more time eh!

omra85

« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2007, 10:41:57 pm »

Just dragged Mrs 85 in to read it - brought tears to both of us.

It's the way it's written - with the air of injured innocence - like the old time farces!  Top marks GODO  O0

I think you may need to reconsider your level of "protection". ::)

Danny
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.