Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saying Hello  (Read 3846 times)

T33cno

Re: Saying Hello
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2017, 11:42:31 pm »

Top tip here if you are concerned about indents in the hull and before you start filling give the whole hull a very light mist coat of black matt or satin then rub it down with some wet dry and see exactly where you need to fill.....the black will remain in the hollows and highlight where you need to fill

Dave
Thanks Dave
I'm already past the indent stage and down to minor imperfections. One more small round of fill & prime and she'll be ready for some finish coat. I'll then glue the korts in place before further finish. :-)

T33cno

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2017, 11:46:55 pm »

She is coming along really nicely, the shapes you have been creating such as the bulb and that triple curve of the stern are quite complex  :-))
Yes I'm quite pleased with myself thanks  :-)
I opted for layers of Obechi strip for the bow & bulb rather than the supplied balsa blocks. This makes profiling much easier to get symmetrical.
Once it's fitted out and ballasted I can get the next two decks on and the rest of the hull skin  :-))

T33cno

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2017, 11:57:09 pm »

I must say that Billings ought to be ashamed of the poor quality of the Obechi strip in these kits. Most of the filling is imperfection in individual planks  <*<

I think this illustrates the trash they expect us to use. I made a lovely neat job to no avail.

T33cno

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2017, 12:45:45 pm »

Almost there, another dry fit test

T33cno

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2017, 01:30:15 pm »

I plan to glue these in with araldite UNLESS anyone can direct me to something more appropriate?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 19 queries.