Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Smit Rotterdam  (Read 17041 times)

T33cno

Re: Smit Rotterdam
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2017, 10:34:50 pm »

Read the P94 instructions carefully Paul. The transmitter has to be turned on first having already been bound to the receiver
With the transmitter on and the throttle etc set in neutral position you then switch on the receiver and WAIT for the click clacking sound from the P94 as it sets itself. You can then continue to control it.  :-))

Paul2407

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2017, 10:44:26 pm »

Read the P94 instructions carefully Paul. The transmitter has to be turned on first having already been bound to the receiver
With the transmitter on and the throttle etc set in neutral position you then switch on the receiver and WAIT for the click clacking sound from the P94 as it sets itself. You can then continue to control it.  :-))

Thanks Andy I jumped the gun a little  :embarrassed:
I'm not entirely sure I connected the motors into the right, I think the portside is correct but the starboard I think should be connected in the middle connector G2.1 but I connected it on the G2.3 which is for the ESC for the bow thruster DOH!! 

T33cno

« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2017, 10:46:44 pm »

Paul2407

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2017, 10:53:33 pm »

Thanks that helps :) pretty much confirms what I thought although that's a P102 it has the same connections I have, I don't know what I was looking at as I could have sworn to said G2.3 which is the complete opposite side to the post connection, I'll change that first thing in the morning

Paul2407

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2017, 11:17:31 pm »

No I've just re-looked at the instructions (See I do read sometimes  {-) ) and according to Fig 4 this is how mine is connected
so I think I might well have connected it correctly for my application, I used to be indecisive but I'm not so sure now  {:-{ %%

T33cno

« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2017, 07:34:59 am »

Have you set the dip switches for the correct mode of operation?

Paul2407

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2017, 07:48:59 am »

No I've just re-looked at the instructions (See I do read sometimes  {-) ) and I copied Fig 4 and mine is connected exactly the same
so I think I might well have connected it correctly for my application, but it's put doubts in my head now, I used to be indecisive but I'm not so sure now  {:-{ %%

Paul2407

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2017, 08:27:35 am »

Have you set the dip switches for the correct mode of operation?

Yes I set it to mode 3 switch 1 off and switch 2 on, I think I've connected it correctly I think it's just lack of transmitter causing the issue so hopefully can sort that in a couple of days, don't know how I quoted myself above? I was in bed still then  {-)

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2017, 08:34:05 am »

That transmitter are you using?

Bob
Officially a GOG.

T33cno

« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2017, 08:35:05 am »

Yes I set it to mode 3 switch 1 off and switch 2 on, I think I've connected it correctly I think it's just lack of transmitter causing the issue so hopefully can sort that in a couple of days, don't know how I quoted myself above? I was in bed still then  {-)

Yes without the transmitter it cannot set up. Neither motor should be running

Paul2407

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2017, 09:05:04 am »

That transmitter are you using?

Bob

Hi Bob, It's a Flysky FS-T6 but that transmitter is still in the post (should be here by Tuesday) currently I only have the receiver so I think I need to leave it until I have the TX to set it up further, in the meantime I can just get some more of the deck fittings back on

Paul2407

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2017, 07:39:18 pm »

Well she runs all the action stuff was wired correctly in the end just some idiot (me) tried to set it up too early  :embarrassed: (note to self I must learn patience) anyway all sorted just got to finish off the bits on the boat stanchions, front mast lights, re-fit cranes etc , still not ordered the props I've put it off for a few weeks now as I'm away quiet a bit over the next 3 weeks and don't know when I'll be in to receive them so might have to refit the plastic props for a few weeks

Thank you T33cno for your advise I think I would have bought the mtronics w-tail mixer and separate speed controllers if it wasn't for you and they wouldn't be a patch on this Action Electronics equipment.

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2017, 09:15:30 pm »

I wired my mixer up like that and it went pop so, looking at the diagram, I assume I have done something else wrong  {:-{
Pond weed is your enemy

T33cno

« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2017, 09:19:28 pm »

I wired my mixer up like that and it went pop so, looking at the diagram, I assume I have done something else wrong  {:-{
Polarity will stuff it if wrong

Paul2407

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2017, 10:36:03 pm »

First time of wiring mine up but I did try to follow the instructions and it did work in the end, when you say you wired it up that that? you mean like in the diagram above? if so then mine is done exactly like that and works fine so can only assume you have connected something incorrectly, do you have any pictures?

Paul2407

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2017, 09:00:09 pm »

Got some more done this evening nearly ready for trials, cranes all back on, the railings have been fitted starting to look complete again, was trying to upload video of radar and lights on but for some reason the site won't accept them

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2017, 09:17:57 pm »

Sorry to hijack your topic  {:-{
Pond weed is your enemy

Paul2407

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2017, 09:24:41 pm »

Sorry to hijack your topic  {:-{

No your ok  :-) what Action speed controller is that? then I can look up the wiring diagram but on first inspections it looks like from this angle the the red and black wire that goes from the battery into the P102 power board are around the wrong way the red should be towards the centre of the board and the black should be near the outside

Paul2407

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2017, 10:00:03 pm »

ballastanksian did you get your Action powerboard sorted?

Paul2407

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2017, 04:24:59 pm »

Well took the boat out for it's first run today and all was going well except it's a little high in the water so needs more ballast but otherwise very good except after around 10 mins there was some white wispy smoke coming out of the electrics area couldn't see anything wrong at all so gave it another quick go and it didn't seem to smoke any further (no smoke generator fitted yet  ok2 ) but it all still works fine would the new brushed motors give a little smoke off as they are still running in? as that's the only thing I could see that it could be otherwise everything looked normal nothing was particularly hot

Paul2407

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2017, 07:14:48 pm »

Well just tried again in the kids paddling pool and no smoke at all so hoping it's just some residual grease or something just burning off due to all being new  {:-{

Anyway some pics for you as you can see it's still sitting a little high so more ballast is needed, might even have got away with 2 batteries in this model but too late now, what's best to ballast with?

T33cno

« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2017, 08:10:17 pm »

Thats one heck of a transformation  :-)

Paul2407

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2017, 08:19:50 pm »

Thats one heck of a transformation  :-)

I hope a good one  ok2 that means a lot from you Andy thank you, so glad I bought the Action electronics its a good quality mixer that's for sure, only problem is this one is nearly finished so what to build next, I've just started a small scratch built frigate for my son only done the base and some bulkheads so far, but for myself I would either like to do another tug or I would like a ferry but I've not seen to many good kits for ferry's

T33cno

« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2017, 08:24:56 pm »

Saved her from the knackers yard  :-))

Ballast? lead flashing or lead shot seems a popular option with resin poured on. I read one member put cling film in the compartments before loading with shot and resin so it didn't stick to the hull. Lead sheet is less messy and easily cut

Paul2407

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2017, 08:33:17 pm »

thanks it was too good for the scrap heap.

just got to build the smoke generator when the rest of the bits arrive in next few days then once that's in I can finish of ballasting her out before a proper sail down the local lake, I've got some lead I use to make fishing leads maybe I'll make a mould, I was thinking about buying a box of stick on lead alloy wheel weights
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 22 queries.