Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to rc boating  (Read 1923 times)

Andy_Mc

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
New to rc boating
« on: March 07, 2017, 09:18:44 pm »

Hi All

Just introduce myself before I go mad with 100's of questions  {-)
I have been doing fixed wing and collective pitch heli flying for a few years, also have a couple of 1/16 rc tanks, and just recently (yesterday) collected my first rc boat  :}
And I also now have a MTB to be built from plans which i'm going to try in a few weeks time.

here's the boat I collected yesterday, totally unsure what it is, there was some talk of it maybe being a fairey Hunstman etc... but I don't think so? She is 42" long, glass fibre hull with a ply superstructure. today I collected a new propshaft, prop, 12v battery, Fusion Aquapower AQP128 controller and a Graupner Speed 700 BB Turbo motor. Had some great advice from the local store, so hopefully she will be running by this weekend so I can test her out.

She will also get a full rub down and repaint once i'm happy she floats and performs well enough. Oh and the superstructure ... needs serious work to it also.

Look forward to chatting to some of you in the near future, the forum has already been a wealth of information for me.

ps: will post a pic once I figure out how to do it (add image is not working)

Thanks
Andy

canabus

• Full Mayhemer
  • Boats a hole in the water you pour money into!!!
Re: New to rc boating
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 08:51:31 am »

Hi Andy
If you post a few pics of your boat, we are only to happy to help out.
All the best for your first run.
Check all system works and only give it a short run and check for water leaks.
If you are happy with the boat, give it a longer run and repeat checks.
Then happy boating!!!
Many years an old mate built a MTB(5 footer) with a 32cc brush cutter motor, it was a very good looking boat.

Canabus

Andy_Mc

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 06:47:58 pm »

Managed to do a photobucket upload of the boat.

http://s32.photobucket.com/user/andy_mcalister/media/Floating%20toys/Fairey%20Hunstman%20rc%20boat_zpsn4ximan9.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

canabus - thanks for the tips, ill make sure to keep the runs short and check for any problems, I have another 2 bigger props as well so will try them out if the first one does the job

Stavros

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 09:11:11 pm »

Dave

Stavros

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 09:13:39 pm »

Andy....this is so so simple......click on the bottom link on the right of the image every time and simply copy and paste......or when you have the SMALL icons of the pic if you hover over the top left a hidden screen will pop up and click on share...this will open another box....do the same on the bottom link and simply copy and paste

Dave

Edit:

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 21 queries.