Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21]   Go Down

Author Topic: Building the CalderCraft Imara  (Read 97000 times)

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Building the CalderCraft Imara
« Reply #500 on: April 16, 2020, 01:09:18 AM »

Beautiful clack-clack-clack-clack sound of her engines Dom..... :-)) .......again superd low speed speed control that will only be further enhanced with the water loading on the propellers

The audible sound will also be reduced in water as the engine sound instead of rolling around the hull, will be partially adsorbed from hull into the water

Looking forward to watching your Imara on the water

Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Tafelspitz

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Bedlam
« Reply #501 on: April 16, 2020, 06:16:36 PM »

Thanks guys!  :embarrassed:
Yes, Derek, you're right that in the water the engines do run a lot smoother. I had her running in the tub for a couple of minutes and it made a huge difference.
Dom
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology.  Carl Sagan

taucher

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #502 on: April 18, 2020, 06:10:49 PM »

like the videos, donīt forget detail images on the pondvideos  :-)  please

Ralph

Tafelspitz

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Bedlam
« Reply #503 on: June 01, 2020, 06:59:14 PM »

I inherited an old coaster wagon from a friend of mine who used to cart his kids around with it  :-)
That should get the transportation problem sorted. Slowly transforming it into a moving cradle for the steaming lady.The drawbar was a bit messed up so I'm in the process of prototyping a new connector that can easily be detached by way of simply plugging a splint. Makes loading it into the car much easier than fumbling with a screw and a wing nut.The green part is only a conceptual print. Once I'm satisfied it will be printed with a sturdy carbon fibre filament.
Dom

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology.  Carl Sagan

Tafelspitz

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Bedlam
« Reply #504 on: June 07, 2020, 01:20:49 PM »

Almost done. I will add a small "doorstop" for the bow keel to prevent it from sitting too far to the drawbar.I'm almost a bit prowd of my self designed and printed quick releasing drawbar attachment  :D Now, if only the weather was a bit better, I could haul her to that test pool at our friend's for her maiden test voyage  %)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21]   Go Up