Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Billings cux 87 krabbenkutter  (Read 10865 times)

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Billings cux 87 krabbenkutter
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2017, 10:43:24 pm »

Hi  all, since my previous post i have bought a Mary Ann and I am in the last stages of refurbishing her My one is ready built but probably 10+ years old.  The planking is white wood not mahogany. 
I have had to attend to a dozen or so splits, just visible but they need deep attention.  I have been using wet and dry finishing  between coats of paint, the original colour was white with a dark brown hull.
 I have been using Humbrol yellow and it is very appealing, although I am thinking of a pale blue hull and Hatfords dark red for the underwater parts.  My decision is in the air as well.  The original model did not have the transfers but they were in the nice box of bits that came with it.  I made a new rudder from brass as per the drawings and it does look nice.
I would also like some crew as well, I have some fish so that is a start.

My ebay purchase came with a slightly older version of the building jig as a boat stand and as I was proposing to build a Cux 87 and modify it to look similar to Mary Ann from the very old kit I have by me, I may make that up as well then they can go fishing in pairs.
regards Roy

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 21 queries.