Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Billings cux 87 krabbenkutter  (Read 10894 times)

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Billings cux 87 krabbenkutter
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2017, 04:57:53 pm »

I echo that as well,
all the best Roy

Drydock2017

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2017, 07:53:59 pm »

Hi guys just checking in thank you for your kind words.  Front cabin now planked in birch wood strips ready for detailing and weathering on the exterior looking and thinking about the interior of the cabin next hope everyone's had a good weekend 👍

Drydock2017

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2017, 08:54:10 pm »

Hi guys another little update sides now planked half way up the top half of the back cabin will be painted thought would look better like this theres some more detail to do build some stairs for the back up to the door I will be adding and then over little grab rails and brass port hole for the circle parts on the side I'm happy with how it's coming along just wish had more time so I could start getting paint down and weathering

Drydock2017

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2017, 07:23:03 pm »

More work completed

Tafelspitz

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Bedlam
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2017, 08:18:31 am »

Some nice and neat work being done there!  O0
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology.  Carl Sagan

Drydock2017

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2017, 06:56:27 pm »

Thanks I'm in the process of deciding on colours and what I am going to do for the interior I just don't no what colours to do the main hull and trim, also been foucusing on crew members ordered a few

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2017, 07:10:42 pm »

What are your favourite colours? I would start there, or consider if my spouse or someone I was going to name it after had any known colour preferences.

Pond weed is your enemy

Drydock2017

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2017, 10:30:13 pm »

I'm going to be calling it after my daughters name and middle name Libby rose have been talking with the wife she thinks yellow and white I think blue and white and my dad thinks green and white I'm unsure to be honest but I'm wanting to take my time with the build adding loads of detail as this will more than likely be my last build for a few years my daughters two and I'm finding it hard to get the time I love building etc but I also don't want too miss out on anything with little one, I am now also waiting for a load of parts to arrive as I have ordered some brass work to detail 👍

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2017, 09:27:26 am »

Hi Drydock, first lucky you with a lovely young daughter, my one is now nearly 50 but I still like to remember her as a 5 year old.  I like blue and white but in this instance you will not be doing yourself any harm by following your wife's ideas on colour.  I have a small mauve coloued fishing boat I did decline to add the pink! (grandaughter).  Also you can build the next one in your colours.

Building time, not easy, if you have a place to work away from babies and  tucked away so you can leave it without having to clear up, then consider getting up early in the morning and doing just one hour on the model boats.
You might get away with 45 minutes when you arrive home from work as a wind down.  Having a deadline will speed up construction.  A very well known model boat builder gave me this advice after your wind down you belong to the family.

When on limited time scales planning is essentioal, forward thinking here will find you specific jobs that take 20 minutes 40 minutes etc.  Let the glue dry while you are commuting.
Your wife will be knackered looking after a toddler so be there when needed and take over, all else will be forgiven.

This is the distilled analysis of building model boats garnered over nearly 70 years.

The best advice I can give you is if your wife wants something done, do it straight away do not put it off, I promise you this is the way to stay happy!
This may seem that you 'do as you are told', but those that do not follow this dictum are nagged!  You choose.

With no nagging you will have more time.

So with a yellow boat having your daughter's name on is a very good start!

Good luck
Roy

Drydock2017

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2017, 11:23:59 am »

Hi guys, sorry for the late reply Roy it's been a manic week 🙈, yeah what I normally do is get home from work about 7pm bath little one she's in bed by 8 then I have my tea then do about an hour or so then if I feel like it, we have agreed to go for a yellow colour with white and a black under water line colour when i eventually get to that stage lol like u said it's best to keep wife happy first before working on the boat lol.
Only managed to get a little bit done this week just started a bit of detail on the roof of the cabin, the cabin roof isn't stuck down yet as I want to detail the inside still etc, had a delivery of some parts some rail parts to make grab rails 👍 Loving the build so far just wish I had more time to put in to it

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2017, 03:14:26 pm »

Hi DD sounds like you are well on the way.  I used to love bathing my 2 when they were little, great memories.  That was a while ago and now they bath themselves.
Making models is very therapeutic. however I hope all your distractions are nice ones.
Rpy

Drydock2017

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2017, 10:23:40 pm »

Hi guys. Haven't updated for a while been very busy with work and spending time with family but managed to get some done.  I have made some changes to the cabin. This is how it looked in first pic. I wasn't happy with it, looks a bit rough in areas but that's going to play to my advantage when weathering it.  I need to fit the new port holes and I'm still awaiting parts from modelling timbers also got lot work on the hull still.

Drydock2017

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2017, 07:26:34 pm »

More work done deck planking started still needs some work as in rubbing it back etc but it's coming together well, more work done on the hull to deal with few issues with it still need to get some fibre glass resin on it but others to that it's getting there put thin coat just some paint had lieing around to see some imperfections in the hull and improve them also got some protected port holes from modelling timbers to go in the lower cabin still got loads to do on the back cabin and wheel house but getting there slowly

Drydock2017

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2017, 11:36:20 am »

Hi guys still slow progress work and family life getting in the way but managed to drill the holes for the port holes just need to fit them and add the rivets hope everyone's builds are going well going to be looking at getting some paint down on cabin soon any thoughts on a scheme guys

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2017, 10:32:16 am »

Hi DD, I am impressed that the ship's mascot is bigger than the ship! Lovely dog. The woodwork is coming along nicely and it seems to sand well so with some primer you should get a good finish.

Re colours, you are wise to choose your wife's colours as the main ones but if it isn't a bind, how about doing the boot topping in blue and green so having everyone's choices represented? Alternatively, have a single colour boot topping and do the toprails in the other colour. Green and blue and yellow all go together well and will be fresh looking especially with the white.

Keep up the good work  :-))
Pond weed is your enemy

Drydock2017

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2017, 07:46:08 pm »

Thanks still haven't decided but I'm talking with the wife over the colour lol

Bit more detail work done on the rear of the wheel house and lower cabin 👍

Drydock2017

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2017, 07:50:25 pm »

More work has been done planking for the deck and is now finished more work done on the hull and it's getting there done and bit more done on cabin still got a lot more to do

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2017, 05:49:31 pm »

Nice and well used looking but without being scrappy. Keep up the good work  :-))
Pond weed is your enemy

Drydock2017

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2017, 08:22:02 pm »

More work on cabin done

Drydock2017

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2017, 08:11:41 pm »

Bit more done ordered the primer and the base colours looking forward to getting started 👍

Drydock2017

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2017, 08:22:30 pm »

More work

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2017, 08:59:18 pm »

The figure really compliments the way you have built her  :-)) I love that wood detail.
Pond weed is your enemy

Drydock2017

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2017, 07:27:53 pm »

Thanks 👍 She's getting there slowly here's some more pics

Drydock2017

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2017, 04:40:24 pm »

Still really unsure on what colour to go for with her any one have any ideas even wife doesn't no now lol

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2017, 05:09:19 pm »

Still really unsure on what colour to go for with her any one have any ideas even wife doesn't no now lol

I think you are doing a fine job, Good to see a photo of an RTTL...one of my favourite Launches, looks a really well built model :-))

I nearly built the Billing Cux87, chickened out because of the complicated nets! sold the kit on...

A few photo's at this link...a bit mixed up with other boats but quite a few examples in lots of different colours, don't let the wife choose...it's your build..your choice...I think %%

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=billing+boats+cux+87&client=firefox-b&dcr=0&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiom5fV_fLWAhWE1xoKHYEWC4sQsAQIJw&biw=1536&bih=725

Lets see more photo's of your work...it's going nicely :-))

JB.

XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 23 queries.