Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speedline Models...  (Read 2012 times)

U-33

• Full Mayhemer
  • K-157 Vepr. Akula-11
Speedline Models...
« on: March 31, 2017, 11:06:33 pm »

Anybody tell me if Speedline Models are still going? I've sent three emails trying to buy a kit...no reply?
Rich

K-157 Vepr. Akula-II (project 971U)
---------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~  "Motorflotes need love too...."  ~~~~~~~

MotorFlote build log : http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15222.0.html

smudger1309

• Full Mayhemer
  • Colwyn Bay M.B.C
Re: Speedline Models...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 02:35:29 am »

yes   speedline posted a message on the 1:12th shannon under lifeboats

U-33

• Full Mayhemer
  • K-157 Vepr. Akula-11
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 07:26:16 am »

Ok, thanks Smudge...guess they don't want my money then. I'll try calling them..
Rich

K-157 Vepr. Akula-II (project 971U)
---------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~  "Motorflotes need love too...."  ~~~~~~~

MotorFlote build log : http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15222.0.html

davidjt

• Full Mayhemer
  • north wales coast
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 08:01:42 am »

• View Profile
    • Email
    • Personal Message (Offline)

• Re: New Shannon Class kit,  on its way!                     
    « Reply #237 on: March 29, 2017, 02:44:29 PM »

Hello chaps.
    I don't know where to start to answer your comments except to say many, many thanks for all the support you have given me through what is a pretty tough time in health terms, private life terms and business terms (the Shannon).
    Firstly then delivery of the Shannon. I have had emails directly to me regarding the whereabouts of their ordered kit which I have answered as best as I can. Currently I have orders for six 1/16th kits and sixteen 1/12 kits and I will not be taking anymore until I am down to a four week lead time for the complete kit.
    I have three the 1/16 GRP mouldings done and four 1/12 sets done.
    The long lead time items are the resin castings. They take a week to produce. We still have some parts to make (in some cases re-make) because they needed modifying to improve the pour ability of the moulding. I am trying to get all the fiddly fittings of the handrailings cast in brass but I am having a bit of trouble here just now.
    The owner of number 1 of the 1/16th kit is collecting the GRP mouldings and as many parts as possible so he can take them to a show the following month so I will help out if I can.
    Once we have the castings on the go we can count down from there.
    My health is a major problem still and it is expected to be so for another year or so. I have not been back into hospital yet I came close a couple of weeks ago but even now its a possibility. I can hardly walk somedays. The pain in my ribs and one vertebrae is nasty and I am still taking morphine twice a day. I am on a total of 41 tablets a day!
    Mark decided that it was all to much for him and he packed in Speedline so I am back to being just me again running Speedline Models.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.