Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Our Boat Building Community  (Read 1253 times)

FrozenRabbit471

• Full Mayhemer
  • Long may you big jib draw
    • My Instagram
Our Boat Building Community
« on: May 07, 2017, 08:01:13 pm »

This is a response I made to a chap visiting my page. After reading my own words, I figured it was also worth posting it for everyone to read.

What we do as group on this forum or another is amazing. Its all about the rc / hobby community.

As i was doing my research during my transition from rc 1/10 scale crawler and trail trucks to boats, I discovered a wealth of varied opinion and advice on different mediums. These entries, posts, blogs, published works etc ranged from today all the way back to approx 2004. Im sure there are older posts. Be it You Tube, facebook groups, web based forums etc, this community, the model boating community, has something special.

In comparison to the rc land based vehicles, there is most certainly a prestige and respectful camaraderie among the members. Yes, there will always be a scattered dork in every group. But for the most part its a sold global hobby.

For me, I like to be as candid as i can in my posts when i can, thinking i may help someone several years down the road. I live on the  prairies where there is very little waterways, ponds, lakes, etc. Ironically enough, i come from and island... and build model rc boats on the prairies. I must be nuts. But its being a part of something fun, creative, with a global resouce library.

I feel privileged to be a model boat builder.

Long may your big jib draw
Better to have it and not want it, than to need it and not have it

newbe7

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Our Boat Building Community
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 12:16:52 pm »

I to think the group on this forum are most interested in helping when and how they can I live in Stoney Creek Ontario and belong to a boating club who also help me my biggest concern is finding water to run on we have some ponds .I read and see that the UK has or seems to have most of the members have ponds in the areas where they live.
Rick
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 3.288 seconds with 22 queries.