Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Complete unrelated to Model boats unless there money involved.  (Read 1828 times)

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer

I keep getting badgered by companies wanting to find out if my bank owes me money for PPI.  I'm sure that there's someone out there on the board who has experience of this process and could offer some advice.  All advice is welcome.
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs
Re: Complete unrelated to Model boats unless there money involved.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 11:22:50 am »

DON'T. These companies take a healthy slice off any PPI claims.

If you had a loan or credit card with a bank/building society over the last few years before this whole PPI thing blew up, write them a short letter asking if PPI refunding is due, detailing your name, address and account details. They'll send you forms to claim.

I got £700 back from a bank, all mine - a work colleague got £500 back via a PPI claim company, and they kept £200 'for admin'...i.e., basically doing what you can do yourself for minimal effort.

Andy
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia

Ron Rees

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 01:42:15 pm »

When the PPI payouts started I asked at the Halifax counter if my Mortgage, car loans, loan to redo the central and roof would come under this. The counter staff told me they wait until the customer asks and won't contact you otherwise, so there's the secret, contact whoever you have had loans with and ask them.
The counter staff had my account number already so just sent the enquiry on. 3 weeks later they said 'Yes, I was entitled to some money back and the department would contact me soon'
2 days later had a letter offering me £9,786 or so, would I accept it.....You bet I did. Got sent the money as 7 different cheques, one for each loan over about 15 years.

Then 2 years ago, got another £1790 in the post from them because they hadn't taken into account enough of the interest lost!!!.

Don't let these firms do it for you, it's easy, just a letter or phone call to get the ball rolling, maybe a form to fill in. These touts will take anything up to 50% of your money if you go to them.

Capital One credit card company is the hardest to crack, I'm let to understand, but a solicitors letter usually gets things moving.

Ron.

Ron Rees

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 01:47:12 pm »

Hi TailUK

Further to my previous post, Now I have done it all myself and got my money back, I haven't had one single phone call from a company offering this service.....They clearly know more than we do about our finances, legal or not!....This would say to me that you definately ARE owed money by someone, they probably know exactly how much already, Do it yourself......NOW.

RON.

Fred Ellis

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 01:51:05 pm »

Just go to your bank ect and ask DO NOT USE any of the PPI companies the one I used took 30% + vat. I lost just over £4000 by using them. >>:-(
That's all right, Mr Ryan. My Morse is so rusty, I could be sending him dimensions on Playmate of the Month.

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 02:04:53 pm »

I phoned my bank up, they sent me a form, filled it in and sent them back, so far I have had nearly £10,000- (over about 4 loans and several bank accounts) they even sent me a refund for charges paid due to going overdrawn while paying for PPI that was more than the refund I got for that lot of PPI- without being prompted about 2 years after they had paid out on the PPI. total cost to me - the time it took to fill out the form.
All the PPI companies do is send you the same form, send it too the bank on your behalf, then take their cut of the money gained.
one uncle did this, and lost nearly £2500 of his claim to the PPI company

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 03:53:37 pm »

The 'WHICH?' website had a proforma letter where you just copied out then filled in the gaps and sent to to your bank. Lloyds repaid mine in full,  without a quibble or deduction of any kind. That's the way to do it! :-))

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 04:53:54 pm »

Thanks guys!  that was very useful.  I'll get down to my bank asap. 
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.

meechingman

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tugs Rule, OK!
    • Andrew Gilbert
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 11:39:35 am »

Yes, that 'Which' letter will do the trick. I sent one to my bank - I knew what loans were involved but thought I'd let them do the work so asked them to check back 25 years themselves.

I got a text acknowledgement the next day, and a letter with more details a couple of days later. Ten days later, I got a text saying that the claim was agreed and that they would refund within 10 days. A letter came the next day, confirming things. Their figures agreed with mine as far as the premiums paid were concerned. They refunded all the premiums, plus interest and very generous compensation. When I checked my bank statement, it showed that the amount had been paid into my account the day before I got the text!

I could have done this a few years ago when the PPI scandal first broke, but thinking about it, doing it now meant that I got more interest and compensation! Definitely worth doing!! :)

Yesterday I got a call from one the PPI companies, so this time I let her go through all her 'spiel' (I had nothing else to do at the time!) and said that I was sure I had some loans that were covered - she sounded very positive that I would get a refund. So I asked her what her company's charges would be. She pretended not to understand so I rephrased the question in even easier to understand language! Eventually she admitted that if the claim was successful they would take 33% as a fee. So I told her what I'd done and that anyone using the money grabbing 'PPI chasers' was wasting their time and money.

I bet that company won't phone back again!  :-))
Admiral of the Haven Towage Fleet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.