Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Classic from Aero-Naut  (Read 3369 times)

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
Classic from Aero-Naut
« on: April 13, 2017, 07:53:10 am »

I'm waiting for some small parts for the Möwe II and got a good deal on a Aero-Naut Classic. My wife did build one back in 2013 and I can see that they did update the kit with good things.

1: The wind shield is now fixed in slots in the deck and not just glued to the edge of the cockpit opening.
2: There are now padding and leather for the seat included.
3: There are a few etched details for the instrumentation, steering wheel and step plates for the deck.
4: There are notches at the break off parts that will help in fixing the sides when gluing them in place.

Choice of motor:

I'll use the same set-up as my wife's which is:
Graupner BL Compact 260Z 1380KV with a Graupne ESC 18A FWD and REV. The shaft is replaced with a Robbe 4mm (no 1442) as the one provided is a flimsy part that will not withstand the motor set-up. It will be running on LiPo 2S but if one need a rocket it can run on 3S.

So what is in the box:

My postings are only reflecting my own opinion and should not be read as the holy grail of truth :-)

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
Re: Classic from Aero-Naut
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 08:34:46 am »

I have been building for a week.

This is the difference between the old and new version. They have also changed the solid strips of wood with laser cut plywood for easier assembly.

I have tried their suggestion of using painters tape but either it do not stick enough or it leaves adhesive on the wood. So a lot of clamps is the way forward for me.

First piece of the bottom were fixed with ease but the second piece needed some amount of tape.

My postings are only reflecting my own opinion and should not be read as the holy grail of truth :-)

Daleb

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 08:41:49 am »

Great start tica, looking forward to following your progress :-))

Cheers Dale.

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 06:10:51 pm »

Well a lot of things to do that being non model boat related but some progress anyway.

I hope that I'll have the deck on before next weekend.

Drive line in and aligned + glued in place

All supports glued, all joints has been given some 2K glue as reinforcement and the inside has gotten 2 X lacquer and is now resting.

The dashboard has been assemble and had 1X lacquer.

That that for now

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 08:52:53 am »

Well a bit more progress. Deck has been fitted and the same with some spray rails that is also a upgrade from the first version of the Classic.

Funny thing, I had to do a new stern piece, as it didn't fit and it was the same issue with the other version, either I do something wrong or Aero-Naut is missing a point.

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 07:55:20 pm »

And now it is all done, just have to wait for some descent weather for a test on the water.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.