Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Member - Hello!  (Read 1194 times)

steamyjim

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
New Member - Hello!
« on: April 17, 2017, 08:58:31 pm »

Hello!

I'm new here so I thought I'd best say a few words about myself...

I'm largely a steam 'nut' and have come into a bit of marine modelling by interest in model steam engines. I've something of a fondness for Cheddar Models engines which were made not far from me.

Have been reading this forum on and off for a few years but I haven't joined as I have very little to contribute when it comes to boat building. I recently purchased a large collection of model boats (largely for the steam boats in the collection) which included a fair few scale sailing ships. I know very little about sailing ships and I was hoping some of the members on here may be able to offer me some advice on quite what I have purchased...

Cheers!

Jim.

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
Re: New Member - Hello!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 09:19:18 pm »

Welcome Jim!

Take a load of images and upload them either here or in a special topic then we can have a gander at your collection. Those who know their way around Steam powered ships/boats can then help you if you have any questions. Likewise with the non steam models.

It sounds like you have a Garage full of goodies now Jim  %%
Pond weed is your enemy

steamyjim

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 09:51:20 pm »

Welcome Jim!

Take a load of images and upload them either here or in a special topic then we can have a gander at your collection. Those who know their way around Steam powered ships/boats can then help you if you have any questions. Likewise with the non steam models.

It sounds like you have a Garage full of goodies now Jim  %%

I'll grab some photos! It's been a while since I've posted anything on a forum, is photobucket still the way it's done or have things moved on (I'm hoping they've moved on!)

The garage is certainly full! Luckily a few weeks before I stumbled across some ex supermarket shelving that was being given away. Unfortunately I'm having to sell some of the models to recoup some of the costs and due to the sheer impracticality of having too many boats...!

steamyjim

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 10:53:00 pm »

Test
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.