Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: HMS Agincourt build project  (Read 160788 times)

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
Re: HMS Agincourt build project
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2017, 07:06:43 pm »

Can't understand why your photos don't post Bob, I just clicked browse under the text box that opens my pictures, clicked the photo and then open, it then appears in the attach box, then added test for the text and then post.

Joe

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2017, 07:11:59 pm »

Nope, still no picture will load.  Almost as annoying as Photobucket pulling the plug.

Quite frankly I can't see the point in posting anything else on this subject without illustrations.

============================================================

Bulkheads

The bulkheads are coming along slowly.  The two pairs of interfacing ply sections are glued together in pairs.
One of the forward bulkheads finally done, after two days of trim and fit.  9mm ply is quite tough.
The most forward bulkhead is quite a different profile as the hull is narrowing and extra curves.
In the end I built up a template using sections of 10mm balsa, and have transferred the outline to plywood.
This will take another day or so to carefully cut out and trim to shape.

A photo would have been useful to describe this.
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2017, 07:32:47 pm »

Hi Bob, just found the following text copied from the help page about posting attachments,

Attachments - If enabled, this feature allows users to attach files to their posts in the same way as most e-mail clients. Users simply have to browse to the relevant files on their computer before selecting Post. Multiple attachments, up to the limit set by the administrator, can be added to a single post by selecting the Additional Attachments link. Users can delete their attachments or add more by modifying their posts. The permitted file types and sizes are set by the forum administrator. Some forums may display image attachments in line with the post or show them as thumbnails below the post.

Note it says  If enabled,  maybe ask Martin  what this means, just a thought,

Joe

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2017, 08:03:41 pm »

A quick random test using Windows 10 without even looking at the file size.

Ok, so let us go through this. I clicked on 'Attachments and other options', clicked on Browse and chose from my pictures files the above image of a Bismuth crystal. I then added the above statement be cause it didn'tlike me posting a mesage without text, and pressed 'Post' (I think it is that and not 'Send'.

The image came up a bit bigger than my usual images, but pleasing all the same.

Are you adding a bit of text to your test posts Bob? I imagine you would get the same warning in red and pink if you tried to post a message without text, but maybe not?

One thought. Where are you accessing your images from? I access mine as mentioned straight from my 'Pictures' file. If you are trying to access them from your photo upload program (I use a Fuji Finepix and could access my images from the Finepix program) then maybe the Forum host does not like your photo storage program. PHP does not like some phone systems as demonstrated by the very small text, so maybe the same applies.

We will get there Bob. We will see your progress on Agincourt even if one of us has to go down to yours and etch-a-sketch images of her  :-))

Pond weed is your enemy

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2017, 09:16:08 pm »

Bob

At the risk of being insulting, are you sure you are trying to post jpegs (jpg JPG jpeg) and not a propriety format? The program I use to resize pictures saves files in its own format. I have to export the file (a menu option) to get a jpeg. Just a thought.
Don't Assume Check

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2017, 09:36:03 pm »

Trying something else.  "BB Code" from IMGBox

Only shows a clickable thumbnail, but nothing appears linkable from the full 640 x 538  43.8k  .jpg file

Better than nothing.  You can click on it to see the full size JPG
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2017, 09:55:12 pm »

Never thought of copying it using Etch-a-sketch (tee hee).

Whether or not I add some text, the result is still empty.  ie: Devoid of an image.

I copy photo's from my Fuji Finepix HS20 EXR  SD card to a specific directory on my C drive for that project.
I go through each of the images individually using Paint Shop Pro 7 to crop, resize, and sharpen each one.
Normally I would then upload to my equivalent gallery in Phtobucket.
Copy/pasting the IMG tag from Photobucket always instantly produced the full image on Mayhem, even under Preview. 

Attaching in the Mayhem dialogue box shows the path to my file, but does not actually load the image into my Post.  Should there be another button saying "Do you really want to attach that image?"

I normally like to compose my text in Word, embedding the HTML links for the photos in appropriate positions between paragraphs, then copy/paste the lot into Mayhem before previewing it for any edits.

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2017, 09:55:30 pm »

Definitly a step in the right direction Bob.
Pond weed is your enemy

Paul Swainson

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
    • My build of HMS Illustrious 87 1939-1942
« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2017, 09:56:59 pm »

Bob this may be daft but why are you using IE when you have Edge or google chrome which are faster and I thought IE was dead with windows 10.  What is the format that your pictures are save in?

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2017, 09:58:36 pm »

No, just attach-browse-select from your image files write something in the message box pertaining to your image, such as This is Bismuth, and post.
Pond weed is your enemy

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2017, 10:01:30 pm »

Bob this may be daft but why are you using IE when you have Edge or google chrome which are faster and I thought IE was dead with windows 10.  What is the format that your pictures are save in?

IMO both Edge and Chrome are too basic and limited.  IE remains the main browser of choice for Windows.

As stated numerous times, all images are in .JPG format

Paul Swainson

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2017, 10:06:19 pm »

Some information that may help:

Your Manual on the camera:  page 18:
Press the RAW button to temporarily change the recording format. After shooting a picture, the recording format will be back to the option selected for j RAW in the setup menu (P 96). j options options RAW button pressed RAW button pressed RAW+JPEG JPEG RAW JPEG OFF RAW+JPEG

Why you should not usr Raw = Jepg:
More and more photographers are aware these days that raw files provide higher quality information and more flexibility in processing than JPEGs do. For those of you convinced to shoot raw files, your camera most likely gives you a choice to save just a raw file, or to save both a raw file and a JPEG of each photo you capture.   Frankly, I hope to convince most of you who capture raw + JPEG to stop doing it and capture just a raw file. However, for those who choose to capture both, I will explain the file management options available to you.

Paul Swainson

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2017, 10:11:45 pm »

Bob Email me the photo you uploaded to the blog and I will see if I can up load it. from my PC in the same format you have on file.  If I can do it then your setting are the cause of you not being able to upload. PM with Email Address.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2017, 10:15:21 pm »

I think that unless you are an enthusiast, JPEGs are perfectly adequate for most purposes, certainly anything to do with posting photos on Forums.

Colin

Paul Swainson

• Full Mayhemer

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2017, 10:25:19 pm »

Hi Bob  Internet Explorer 11 is what I use and have no issues posting photos, I would contact Martin to see if you are enabled to post attachments, I've never used a hosting site so I don't know if the posting process is the same as from a PC

Joe

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2017, 10:28:25 pm »

Is this a time /refresh required issue?

On the rare occasions I have changed my Avatar ( 10k JPG) I notice it does not update when I click save changes in my profile.  If I wait a few minutes then open a page with one of my posts it does eventually update, but not instantly by any means.  Should we wait a few minutes, then refresh for uploaded images in Posts as well?

Using Photobucket links it was all instant, and in Preview.  Maybe nothing actually uploads in Mayhem Preview, and takes some time to do so in Save?

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2017, 11:18:33 pm »

Hi Bob , All I can say is mine post instantly well with in a few seconds anyway, Hope you sort it out we need to see your interesting build.  :-))

Joe

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #118 on: July 02, 2017, 01:00:20 pm »

Thank you Joe.  I am working on it  %%

Another bulkhead transcribed from layered balsa and marked out ready to cut out.

(Try to imagine a picture of it here)

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #119 on: July 02, 2017, 05:39:05 pm »

My test shot worked perfectly using Joe's method.  Also had a email from photo bucket telling me they had suspended my 3rd party hosting.  Well now I have the alternate they can swivel

Bob
I will finish this model

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: HMS Agincourt build project - Photos solution
« Reply #120 on: July 02, 2017, 06:35:17 pm »

Just trying something

Yippee !!   This is hosted by SmugMug.  Created new "gallery", uploaded my Agincourt photos, Share Photo, copied the BBCode and pasted in here.  Yes, there is a small monthly charge (about £2.50) but hopefully I have a solution

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: HMS Agincourt build project - Photos
« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2017, 08:24:27 pm »

Replacing photos deleted by Photobucket

HMS Agincourt as built

As in 1918

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2017, 08:29:20 pm »

At Dean's - Obviously too big for my car

Cut in half.  Two into one does go

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2017, 08:33:25 pm »

On lengthened workbench

After cutting stainless steel tubes

Mock-up of joining method

First bulkhead

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2017, 08:49:54 pm »

Nice one Bob, Glad you found a solution.  :-))
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 28   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 22 queries.