Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seaforth Clansman dive support vessel  (Read 1518 times)

GEMINI P M

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Seaforth Clansman dive support vessel
« on: May 27, 2017, 04:42:23 pm »

I have recently acquired the plans and magazines that go with it, but would like to locate a source for a hull if it still exists.

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Seaforth Clansman dive support vessel
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 05:09:48 pm »

hi there

just a quick enquiry - you state you have just received the plans - I wonder if you purchased them from Ebay? :-) I am wondering if its the same guy I was trying to buy some plans from - they had problem with PayPal.  Back to your questions :-)

Just been on Traplet - they have taken over My Hobby Store distribution of plans and hulls and it looks as if they don't sell that hull now.  Quick check and see if Kingston Mouldings do the hull - not sure - the other thing is have you only one magazine?   because I believe the article ran over about 4 issues giving various photographs of the actual vessel and also description of the build.   

I did a build myself of this model and the hull is pretty straight forward to build plank on frame and also you can have the moon pool actually working.   If you do a Google search there are more photographs of her now than there used to be.    Her new name is St Barbara as she has now lost all her fire monitors over the top of the bridge on the masts and that has been replaced with a helicopter platform.

john
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

Fred Ellis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Seaforth Clansman dive support vessel
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 08:16:33 am »

Hi

I have the vac-form hull for the Clansman and it is not to bad, I seem to remember that Scale Hobbies did a glass hull for the Conqueror it may be an idea to have a word with them seeing as she is the sister ship.
Good hunting
Fred
That's all right, Mr Ryan. My Morse is so rusty, I could be sending him dimensions on Playmate of the Month.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 21 queries.