Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New member from Norway  (Read 1606 times)

Lerwick

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
New member from Norway
« on: May 30, 2017, 03:06:31 pm »

Hello all
I have just joined this very good and interesting forum. I have looked at many posts before, but decided to become a member so that I can see all the pictures that are being posted here. I have build some models already, mostly plank on frame, but it has been a long time since I built a model. I have taken an interest in the "Shetland Bus" since the history of the Shetland traffic during WW2 is closely linked to the area where I live. I also know there was a flotilla of Fairmile D's stationed in Lerwick that were manned by men and officers from the Norwegian Navy.
So, I think my first build will be a 1/35 scale Fairmile D. I have looked at the 1/24 scale as well, but for me it is too big, because I would like to display this for people to see it. This time of the year is not exactly the time for model building, but my plan is to start with this in September.
After that I would like to build a Subchaser. 3 of these were transferred from the US Navy to the Norwegian navy, and manned with mostly Norwegian fishermen who had, until then run an operation between Shetland and Norway using fishing boats.
I know it is possible to get a hull for this in 1/48 scale, and that will be a good size. Hopefully, I will be able to find fittings for this also, since 1/48 scale is a "normal" scale used by many model makers.
So, that was a little about my future plans. If anyone has suggestions or comments about the models I plan to build, please let me know.
Egil

smudger1309

• Full Mayhemer
  • Colwyn Bay M.B.C
Re: New member from Norway
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 11:24:56 pm »

welcome to asylum i mean forum.

would love to see pics of models you built

Umi_Ryuzuki

• Full Mayhemer
    • Models and Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 04:57:10 am »

Welcome to the forum.

An ice breaker would be a good model.

:-))

gra2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 08:56:56 am »

Hi MTB Hulls produce a1/35 scale Fairmile D in fibre glass.

Graham

Lerwick

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 09:08:21 am »

Hi. Yes, I have been in touch with mtbhulls, and they have lots of great hulls. I have also been in touch with Russel Wilson about fittings in 1/35 scale. So, I will probably start building this one later this year. About ice breakers, they are not really my thing.
Egil
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.