Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIP, Mike Purcell  (Read 1514 times)

BFSMP

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
RIP, Mike Purcell
« on: June 14, 2017, 01:45:21 pm »

some of you might remember that I sold some model tugs for a friend of mine and neils just about a year ago on this forum as he was no longer well enough to sail them anymore.

Sadly he died this morning after a short illness unrelated to that which he had been suffering.

He was a stalwart of the FLEETWOOD Model Yacht and Power Boat club and also the Northwest Model Boat Club, [now no more] for over 40 years, was a fine modeller and loved real ale.

He came originally from Silsden in Yorkshire, but moved to Fleetwood in the late 1970's with his family and took up permanent residence.

Neil is in bits as they were very good mates for almost all of those years, and attended many shows together, and both were good friends with the late Frank Hinchliffe.

if anyone knew him from old days I will post details of his funeral as and when I receive them .

RIP Mike, you gave a lot to the cause, without asking for anything in return.....a true gent.

Jim.
life is like arranging deck chairs on the Titanic!

Footski

• Full Mayhemer
Re: RIP, Mike Purcell
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 02:40:42 pm »

Very sad indeed. I did meet Mike a few times at shows around the Northwest. A very good model builder.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 02:57:01 pm »

How sad. Our condolences to the family​.

RIP Mike.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
  • I`M YOUR FRIENDLY TRUCKER
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 06:08:40 pm »

Condolences to the family.

BFSMP

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 04:57:14 pm »

It was so nice this morning to see the RNLI standard flying at half mast in tribute to the gentleman at Fleetwood station.

In the 1980's-2000's he did so much for the lifeboat station including running the RNLI shop single handed, almost ever day of the year other than statutory closed times,was conspicuous by his presence at monthly fund raising meetings and was a member of the launch crew.

He deserves that tribute, I think.

Jim.
life is like arranging deck chairs on the Titanic!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 22 queries.