The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Yachts and Sail

Starlet By Vic Smeed

<< < (2/8) > >>

Davegn:
Thanks for the reply Paul.
I've had a reply very kindly offering me a scan of "simple model yachts" so I'll whittle my way through that for now. I was looking around for my next project when I stumbled on a few posts about the Starlet. It is a good looking yacht for a beginner like myself, with the added bonus of a wood kit from Belair which'll save some time, I hope to have this built by Christmas. It's just working out all the fittings etc, thankfully Nylet and pj sails etc have pictures ha ha.
Looking forward to getting started.
Dave

Mosfets:
Hello,

I am new to this forum and have been perusing many of its pages over the last few weeks, this thread has got me interested though as I have never built or sailed a model yacht.

It sounds like the Starlet may be a good model for a newbie and was wondering if I too could be cheeky and get a look at the build articles.

It looks like the plan is available for purchase but having a heads up as to whether it is something I could achieve would give me a head start before ordering the plan.

Thanks in anticipation.

Adrian

Davegn:
Hi Adrian, PM me your email I'll try and send you what I can over the weekend.
I'm not that confident at building but I have built a 1 metre racing yacht that took me about 6 years. I'd build till I didn't understand where to go next, put it down for 12 months or so then start again freshly enthused. I joined a club in the end because I didn't even understand the terminology half the time!
The plans for the Starlet were from Sarik Hobbies and the wood kit from Belair kits.
I hope nobody minds me doing this, as I've only just got the info myself. (Tony & Ian) it's my turn to do some scanning.
Regards Dave

Mosfets:
Thanks for the offer Dave, I have been offered a scan of 'Simple Model Yachts'. If there is anything extra to this that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Adrian

Davegn:
No mate that's what I was going to send you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version