Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Revell Corvette vs Deans ?  (Read 9669 times)

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
Re: Revell Corvette vs Deans ?
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2011, 06:45:23 pm »

Mr F...Thanks again, lots of good info there and I've saved it for reference.

Hi Dicky, good to see you are making progress on your latest build... I'm watching :-))

I could be misunderstanding the ACTion P79 instructons and I have a 6v 4.5amp SLA (bought today from the local Maplins...on offer at the moment..£6) but it says not to use a 6v SLA or 5 cell pack, photo of the relevent part below I hope...I intended to use a separate 4 cell Ni-mi for the RX...? i have the necessary cells/charger so it would be straightforward.

I have tested all the radio gear...ESC etc and it works fine..no problems...

Have i got it wrong..? :embarrassed:

XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2011, 08:10:53 pm »

Dave is very insistent on the point that his products are intended for 4 cells of NiMH and that's it, but low drop out BECs work very well with 6volt SLAs and supply the correct voltage.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2011, 08:20:52 pm »

Ah! I see...I can make my own BEC and run the RX off the SLA then...I like it...I have done some electronic assembly in the past so no problem, just need the right circuit etc..  :-))
XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2017, 09:23:07 pm »

I'm back, re-incarnated as JaB not jb thanks to Martin :-))

Broke my mayhem login a while ago, started suffering with my spine had to shelve the corvette, had a major op a few months ago, spinal fusion, cage at the front of spine 4 bolts and 2 rods at the back. piece of new bone in the rotten disc... titanium bolts were £500 apeice!

going away for a week in the lakes soon, i need a rest! keep falling asleep in the daytime.

If all goes well i'll get back on the revell after, with any luck we might even see it on the water :embarrassed:

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2017, 09:34:19 am »

Been doing a bit on the corvette, over 5 years since i last touched it, got all the electrics back in and it works ok, i used to be good at soldering but yesterday it took me four attempts to solder the connectors on the battery wires, used (wasted) all the gold 4mm ones i had  :embarrassed: twit.

I need to connect the rudder servo to the tiller arm...should i use brass rod or piano wire? i have both in my stash, can't remember what i've used before..memory's  going south i think. not easy picking up after a long lay-off :-X

Ta for any advice.

JaB.

tsenecal

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2017, 03:31:14 pm »

Been doing a bit on the corvette, over 5 years since i last touched it, got all the electrics back in and it works ok, i used to be good at soldering but yesterday it took me four attempts to solder the connectors on the battery wires, used (wasted) all the gold 4mm ones i had  :embarrassed: twit.

I need to connect the rudder servo to the tiller arm...should i use brass rod or piano wire? i have both in my stash, can't remember what i've used before..memory's  going south i think. not easy picking up after a long lay-off :-X

Ta for any advice.

JaB.

just an FYI...    brass rod won't rust...  piano wire will...

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2017, 06:30:57 pm »

just an FYI...    brass rod won't rust...  piano wire will...

Yes of course thanks for that, i'll go with the brass  :-))

Seen the nurse the afternoon, more blood tests and said i need an eye test, opticians is next door so got myself tested straight away, small cateract and i may have 'Sjogren syndrome', dry eyes- mouth and ..trouble remembering stuff are some of the symptoms  O0 :embarrassed:

JaB.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 22 queries.