Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RX + switches.  (Read 2301 times)

Mark66

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
RX + switches.
« on: July 05, 2017, 08:03:36 pm »

This maybe straight forward but, if a boat has a fitted receiver with 5 connections fitted to the RX each operating a different function, I then bind a new transmitter can I re-select the switches on the new transmitter to operate the various functions of the boat.

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
Re: RX + switches.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 09:55:09 pm »

I'm not quite sure what you mean here Mark.

Are you saying you want to fit another receiver in the boat, alongside the original one  ?  If so, then they will both be activated by the radio signal at the same time. The 5 new connections to which you refer might as well be driven from the first receiver  (in Pairs)

There would be no advantage in duplicating an extra receiver.

Hope this helps

ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

tsenecal

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 09:55:46 pm »

This maybe straight forward but, if a boat has a fitted receiver with 5 connections fitted to the RX each operating a different function, I then bind a new transmitter can I re-select the switches on the new transmitter to operate the various functions of the boat.   

if the new transmitter has enough knobs and switches to operate all the functions, yes.

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 09:57:17 pm »

tsenecal is correct in that will need a 10 channel transmitter

ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

chas

• Full Mayhemer
  • now in los montesinos Spain.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 11:17:36 pm »

I read the question differently. I think you want to know if you get a new transmitter, will it operate the channels ( switches) in the same way as your old transmitter.. If that's what you mean, yes it will as long as the new transmitter is the same or similar type to the old one.
 I sympathise with anyone asking questions using jargon they are not used to. Feel free to keep asking and clarifying the problem.

tsenecal

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 11:27:54 pm »

I read the question differently. I think you want to know if you get a new transmitter, will it operate the channels ( switches) in the same way as your old transmitter.. If that's what you mean, yes it will as long as the new transmitter is the same or similar type to the old one.
 I sympathise with anyone asking questions using jargon they are not used to. Feel free to keep asking and clarifying the problem.

I read the OP's question the same way...   basically "if i replace the transmitter, will all the switches still work... "   using the math of a 5 channel receiver, and "binding", i ASSUME he is running simple switches on a 2.4ghz setup, and not something elaborate like a robbe f14 with gobs of multi-switch and multi-prop encoders/decoders.   so... if he gets a new transmitter laid out similarly to the old transmitter as far as the buttons and knobs for the auxiliary functions, he should be fine.

now that i am overthinking this...   if he is using a 2.4ghz setup, then he will have to buy a transmitter that works with the receiver...   2.4ghz stuff is generally proprietary, in that "spektrum" receivers only work with "spektrum" transmitters, etc.

Mark66

• Shipmate
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 09:40:37 pm »

Thanks all, yes it' was an old 2.4 reciver with 5 channels attached but had already been removed, in that case I will go ahead with the purchase, I think the AR610 would fit the bill, I had 5 channels just flopping about in the hull so I will need at least a 5 channel, I am going to work through what controls what then bind it to my spectrum D6i then select the switches on the transmitter I want to use.

Cheers.

Mark66

• Shipmate
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 09:51:29 pm »

Just another question please.

I have my eye on a model which uses the F14 40 MHz with 8 channels all controlling different features, would this set up be to complicated for a novice, the model I am interested in is 32 years old and fully working ATM,  I suppose it's full of multi switches and other gubbins, I know they still use this gear for subs but I woundering what's the worst thing that could go wrong, would it cost mega bucks to sort it.

tsenecal

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 11:26:30 pm »

I would need to see a picture of the transmitter and the guts of the boat, showing the receiver and anything attached to the receiver before i could give you anything close to a good answer.

on its face, there is nothing fundamentally wrong with using 40mhz instead of 2.4ghz, but the devil is in the details, and this is all going to hinge on the details.

Mark66

• Shipmate
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2017, 05:19:16 am »

Thank you for that, I will try to sort out a Picture.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.