Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Then and Now  (Read 1606 times)

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
Then and Now
« on: July 08, 2017, 10:02:16 am »

How times change! Two views of the river Hull through the city of Hull. This is not the docks as such, just the river to the Humber where the real docks begin, these are barges supplying the sugar, grain and soap mills situated along this stretch.

The second one from this era, just the old sidewinder trawler Arctic Corsair which is a floating museum. on a brighter note, the city has just got funding to move her to a drydock further up the river where she will be permanently out of the water and the ship and surrounding area will be refurbished..

Seaspray

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is the best model boat site
Re: Then and Now
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 07:21:37 pm »

Aye do like then and now pictures  :-))

Yoshic48

• Retired
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 10:26:34 pm »

Well boaters? in around 1971-72 ish My Brother Keith ..now departed....built several boats .. a Police launch of the time (river) and this had a small (not Glow) but original diesel (compression) motor of the time with water cooled motor and my recollection is it went quite well? My younger Brother (......) found some in the attic clearing out? and today as a result of his hard work and forward thinking fitted out with (electric) motor well .... WoW is not out of place Photoes and small video of proof it now runs (possibly just a little ? better its hard to say when you were there both times  so after about 45years it is a picture? will try and post one?? NO will NOT allow ?answer file to big?? or other shame ? there are some spoil sports about and it was my picture none of this other stuff they are going on about Huh

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 07:50:01 am »

WoW is not out of place Photoes and small video of proof it now runs (possibly just a little ? better its hard to say when you were there both times  so after about 45years it is a picture? will try and post one?? NO will NOT allow ?answer file to big?? or other shame ? there are some spoil sports about and it was my picture none of this other stuff they are going on about Huh
Read this - http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,23.0.html
If using Windows, there is a resize facility in Paint.  Most other image handling programs have a similar facility, there are also apps that do the job.  You may not have noticed, but this site is not run by big business with unlimited resources, but one guy who relies on donations.  If you want to donate enough to cover unlimited storage for an unlimited time, it will be welcome.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Yoshic48

• Retired
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 01:29:18 pm »

Read this - http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,23.0.html
If using Windows, there is a resize facility in Paint.  Most other image handling programs have a similar facility, there are also apps that do the job.  You may not have noticed, but this site is not run by big business with unlimited resources, but one guy who relies on donations.  If you want to donate enough to cover unlimited storage for an unlimited time, it will be welcome.

Hi thanks for the update and ?? My middle name is (Homer) ? yes I am aware that this chap set this up he is doing a great job and yes Im an avid model builder Its a personal think but a chap turned up yesterday at our club and was trying to ballast a tug? well you help any one you can? and I got his email as after (we) fixed his problems it went great I had my camera handy so took a few snaps and Now I sent them to him via email No problem? That's what members do for each other  But Thanks for the info.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.