Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Dragonforce 65 V6 battery options  (Read 27913 times)

T33cno

Re: Dragonforce 65 V6 battery options
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2017, 10:11:30 am »

Thanks Rich

I'm also extremely miffed to put it mildly that the extra mast sets don't include the two essential bridle rings and if you were to use their rigging cord there is nowhere near enough

T33cno

Re: Dragonforce 65 V6 A+ rig
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2017, 11:32:40 am »

A+ rig ready to go tomorrow

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
  • What's my favourite cake!
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2017, 03:03:27 pm »

Let us know how you get on.

Did you get the creases out of the sails OK?

Keep wondering whether to get a DF, now that they do it in white in the latest version or get another Affinity. I do like the Affinity with it's greater beam and only one hatch but I suppose it would be nice to have one of each.
Building Fairey Marine boats: River Cruiser 23 prototype, Huntress 23 Long Cabin with stern-drive, Huntsman 28, Huntsman 31 and Swordsman 33 and two more to come! All scratch built and to a scale of 1:12

T33cno

« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2017, 03:17:31 pm »

I just went over the creases with thumb nail, seem OK

WirelessMadness were cheapest but now on backorder until September.
£10 off code = 10OFFWM150

still stock of ready to run tho which would be £209 delivered
https://www.wirelessmadness.com/rc-boats/rc-electric-boats/joysway-dragon-force-65-v6-rc-yacht-with-2-4ghz-transmitter-ready-to-run-js-8815

T33cno

Re: Dragonforce 65 V6 B rig
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2017, 04:05:38 pm »

B rig

T33cno

« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2017, 04:37:20 pm »

Iphone wind App  :-))

A+ rig back on, in the 2 to 3 knots zone  :-)

spearfish99

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2017, 08:04:35 pm »

Keep wondering whether to get a DF, now that they do it in white in the latest version or get another Affinity. I do like the Affinity with it's greater beam and only one hatch but I suppose it would be nice to have one of each.

Probably have more opportunity away from home of sailing against like boats with a DF. That is unless those organising DF races are prepared to include Affinity's. Think either would be properly outclassed by true RG65's

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2017, 12:15:39 pm »

Can't really see myself doing anything other than just local club races for fun.

Like many of us I have other interests so purely from a time point of view it won't happen.

Thoughts were to get another Affinity and fitting larger sails (smallest on the one I have now) but thinking about it for lighter winds a DF with it's narrower beam might be a better bet? Not that the beam seems to be making much difference in comparisons.

Yes, sounds good for me :) as it's all about the interest and fun rather than true competitive sailing for me.
Building Fairey Marine boats: River Cruiser 23 prototype, Huntress 23 Long Cabin with stern-drive, Huntsman 28, Huntsman 31 and Swordsman 33 and two more to come! All scratch built and to a scale of 1:12

spearfish99

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2017, 01:07:33 pm »

Looking at Hobbyking's sites, the Affinity is out of stock all over. Looks like the second one I bought was about the last around. A DF would be easier to get hold of at present, if somewhat more expensive. As the DF also has the A+ suit readily available, it would be a way forward.  I am looking forward to getting my high aspect sails from Catsails to give the Affinity a try in that format.

My club, or at least some members, are rather race orientated, so you have to go along with it to some degree. The club is showing renewed interest in RG65 , rather than Df65,  having been one of the earliest clubs in the UK to run races for them ( so I am told).  Craig Huzway, he of the Affinity hatches, moulds RG65s;  perhaps I will have to see what he has when I go to the USA in September and try and smuggle one back in!   :-)

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2017, 02:50:59 pm »

Ironic really, bought an Affinity because couldn't get/didn't want to wait for the DF V6 annd now it's the other way round!

So, decision made really. Though from a previous post I see that unless you want RTR , which I don't, then they are on back order.

T33cno

spearfish99

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2017, 10:52:41 pm »

As mentioned in this mixed thread before, it looks like I will soon have a number of moulded hatches for the Affinity .  It looks like I will get 15, most of them clear, but some in white.  At the cost from Craig in Washington DC,  and presuming GB customs don't go duty mad,  the cost would work out at £5 each posted in the UK.  Anyone interested ( got you Chris.)   please express an interest.

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2017, 11:12:20 pm »

That's great.

Funnily enough my neighbour mentioned last week about ordering some - I said watch this space!

Chris

T33cno

Re: Dragonforce 65 V6 braided cord scissors
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2017, 12:38:18 pm »

I bought some braided cord scissors only to find that they don't cut cleanly. The alternative pair I've bought marketed by Ripmax with short blades and deep serrations cut perfectly. At £7.99 delivered they are pricey (relatively) but no point buying £3 ones that don't work. :-))

spearfish99

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2017, 01:51:00 pm »

I bought my braid shears in a tackle shop while on holiday in Whitby. They weren't to pricey but the owner did say that with all scissors, braid soon takes the edge off them.  Most of the time I use a fresh scalpel blade in a metal holder and this snicks the braid nicely.  The secret is to change the blade reasonably frequently. I buy a bulk pack of unsterilized ( cheaper) blades off of Ebay.

T33cno

« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2017, 02:05:38 pm »

These work great because the cutting edge is only 25mm long so no flex and serrations ensure whole cord is captive

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2017, 05:15:47 pm »

A smidgen of cyano on the cut will wick about 1/4 in
either side of the cutting point.
When dry cutting is 'simples'
and you don't have any fraying
Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

T33cno

« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2017, 05:19:47 pm »

A smidgen of cyano on the cut will wick about 1/4 in
either side of the cutting point.
When dry cutting is 'simples'
and you don't have any fraying
Ned

The previous scissors still struggled through dried cyano. The Ripmax ones cut OK with or without.

Ones to AVOID
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mustad-Fishing-Stainless-Steel-Braid-Line-Scissors-Leeda/361374331430?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2017, 09:40:34 am »

For rigging snipping I use the scissors that live in a Swiss Army Credit Card.  Does a good job with or without the cyano, the cyano'd end makes threading so much easier, either through holes or tying.  It is most of my poolside toolkit - if I need more I should have done better before leaving home, so not having too much at the pool is an incentive to get it right.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

spearfish99

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2017, 05:12:00 pm »

Affinity hatches now in the post, on the way from the USA

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2017, 06:56:38 pm »

Good news Ian.

Thanks for your efforts in obtaining them.

Chris

T33cno

Re: Dragonforce 65 V6 Custom detailing
« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2017, 05:45:30 pm »

I've now sealed the keel/fin trunk and started ordering a stock of spares.

Just fitting some customising

T33cno

« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2017, 07:05:22 pm »

:-)

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2017, 07:09:57 pm »

Looking good.

What's the reason for sealing the keel/fin trunk, does it let water into the hull?

Chris
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.