Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Model boat club wanted  (Read 3668 times)

swordfish fairey

Model boat club wanted
« on: August 28, 2007, 07:19:04 pm »

Does anyone know of a model boat club in the South Somerset/North Dorset area, Yeovil/Sherbourne,but will travel further afield........Ta!........Smudge O0

alan colson

• Full Mayhemer
  • I Just Dabble In Model Boats
Re: Model boat club wanted
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 07:40:32 pm »

If it's not to far try shepton mallet drifters

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 08:06:57 pm »

Dont know if this is any help Smudge

Yeovil and District Model Boat Club offers sailing for certain types of model boats. For further details contact secretary Ken Bromley on 01458 250844. ...

http://www.wessexwater.co.uk/recreation/sub_bingham.aspx?id=305
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

tolnedra

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 11:00:24 pm »

If you care to visit www.swambc.webeden.co.uk, you will find contact details for all the clubs in the area requested. Shepton Mallet Drifters, Yeovil and District, and Yeovil Model Warships Association would seem to fit the bill from your query. What is your main interest in model boating? If you would like to send me a PM I will try to suggest the best club for your speciality.

Danny

swordfish fairey

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 05:04:54 pm »

Cheers Danny, thanks for the answer, I am on my first boat a Caldercraft Joffre, but I have a Nichimo Yamato up next so I would like to build whatever takes my fancy.   Cheers also to Dicky-D for the phone number, I thought there were a couple of clubs in this neck of the woods, but Yeovil is a bit of a black hole when it comes to finding things out.........cheers guys...........Smudge.. O0 O0 O0

tolnedra

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 05:23:13 pm »

Hi Smudge

There's a coincidence, the first scale boat I ever built was "Joffre", still going strong after twenty-odd years! Same motor etc, but have changed the radio gear to 40 meg, and a new SLA battery.

It would seem that scale is your main interest, so any one of the clubs I mentioned would suit you. Yeovil and District have use of part of a reservoir, ideal for yachts, but not so good for scale boats when it blows! They also have use of a pond in a local park. Yeovil Model Warships have use of a nice lake at the back of a pub, so loos, drinks, food and parking are literally on site. Drifters have use of two lakes in the Shepton area, with vehicle access to Collet Park on the first Sunday of each month, plus special events.

I hope this has been of some help, and I look forward to seeing you on the water somewhere soon.

Danny
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.