Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fairey Swordsman and Sea Queen Plans help  (Read 1643 times)

Mikelatnz

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Fairey Swordsman and Sea Queen Plans help
« on: April 27, 2018, 11:00:36 pm »

I have been keen to build a Aerokits model for a while now, I love the traditional lines of them.
So I found a UK company that has then, so I orderd a set of Fairey Swordman plans, however when they arrived there were no bulkheads included in the drawings or any other side template drawings ie the cabin etc. So I told them however they said they could not find them. [/color][/b]
So I asked maybe if I ordered a different boat the plans would be complete, so I went for the Sea Queen, however the same thing happend no bulkheads etc. So they now say the plans come with no buldheads.
So I am after some help here can any one help me with a plan for the buld heads and othe sections for either the Fairey Swordsman or Sea Queen.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
Re: Fairey Swordsman and Sea Queen Plans help
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 08:21:34 am »

Pm Sent

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 09:14:48 am »

I'm pretty sure the Aerokits plans never included bulkheads. After all, they were sold as kits with the bulkheads etc printed on the ply for you to cut out. Sometime ago I bought a plan and templates for another Aerokits model. In this case someone had drawn around the bulkheads etc to provide the templates. The copy of the Aerokits plan I bought didn't have any 'parts' details.

Barrie

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 12:31:44 pm »

If memory serves (it was over 10 years ago) the Sea Queen drawings show the deck and chine lines in plan form. With the side view, as it is a hard chine hull, it is possible to construct the frame shape.
Don't Assume Check

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
  • What's my favourite cake!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 06:08:10 pm »

Sounds like a dodgy outfit supplying so called drawings without everything needed.

As said, Aerokits and Veron for that matter, used to do kits and therefore they didn't need to (or want to!) supply full drawings.

You can draw your own frames if you've had some experience but it's a bit of a faff and it helps if you use CAD or have a drawing board though it can be done.

Chris
Building Fairey Marine boats: River Cruiser 23 prototype, Huntress 23 Long Cabin with stern-drive, Huntsman 28, Huntsman 31 and Swordsman 33 and two more to come! All scratch built and to a scale of 1:12

Mikelatnz

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 10:05:41 pm »

Thanks for the info yes I guess I could draw my own bulkheads, I use Sketchup and that is pretty good, however as you say there is a bit of messing around and I have seen variuos post with bulkheads drawn.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 23 queries.