Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MovePhoto's from mobile phone to laptop?  (Read 2094 times)

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
MovePhoto's from mobile phone to laptop?
« on: July 25, 2017, 06:12:54 am »

Anyone know how to transfer photo's from a mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy J3) to a laptop?
never done it before, expect i need some sort of cable???

Thanks. JaB (Dumbo) :embarrassed:
XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
Re: MovePhoto's from mobile phone to laptop?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 06:18:46 am »

Just use your phone usb charging cable,( as long as one where you can detach it from the plug) if not very easy to get..) plug into spare usb socket on the pc which will then read it as an external drive, find your photo / camera, gallery file and then copy over to where ever you want to store them on your pc..

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 07:42:39 am »

Thanks for that Longbuild  :-))

My son bought this phone for me yesterday, he's finally managed to drag me ( kicking and screaming) into the 21st century, first smartphone i've had,wife said no when i hinted i might need a new mobile, i've lost the charger for my old Nokia, the lad got me this after what happened last week..! Trying to cheer me up and get me back to normal etc...he's very busy at work so didn't want to bother him he's done enough lately, found cable and plug in his room.

Good to go i think..i'll have a go  O0 Looks like Blackberries do breed

XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 12:11:38 pm »

you have to be careful, sometimes smart phones open several folders as different drives, you need to find a folder with either the camera or DCIM name, an alternative method is the use of the little micro SD cards that give extra storage, if this is easily removed it can contain a folder called DCIM as well providing the photo's have been saved to it, on my Huawei I have to remove the back of the phone to get access but as my pc doesn't always allow me to access the phone through the cable its the only option.
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 12:44:18 pm »

The free version of Dropbox (phone and PC app) worked for me. Just bin the couple of emails they send to get you to upgrade.
Don't Assume Check

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 02:30:32 pm »

Ok folks thanks for the advice ...noted.

I'm still in the 60's with most things (check the bike out later if i get the photo's sorted) be a new thread i think.

Had a PC disaster yesterday! going to post yet another question, O0 about software this time (anyone for Linux?)  %%

Keyword for this week? 'getitallinatonesitting' ..its crazy here at the moment. :embarrassed:

Capt Podge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 10:08:08 pm »

I'm still in old Nokia land so I know very little about these smartphones - however, if all else fails, you could possibly email the pics from your phone to yourself and pick them up on the PC ?

...standing by to get shot down in flames... :embarrassed:

Regards,

Ray.

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 10:28:46 pm »

Hiya Ray
 Dont worry no one going to shoot you...yes we can do that! my son giving me lessons, photo class tomorrow, on an old laptop at the moment, its super slow, as in crippled!!!, got lots of fun tales for wednesday probably still be typing over the weekend at this rate... %% {-)

More later.
JaB.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 10:33:09 pm »

Looking at the phone you mention, yes that will transfer just with the lead, as other posts mention, once plugged into your pc just look for the extra drive which will probably say Samsung and then look on the phone memory for the DCIM folder as well as the additional memory card, assuming you have one in the phone and copy as you would normal, I do it all the time.

HawkEye

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 11:17:49 pm »

For a wire free option use Airdroid, available for free on the play store, allows copying to / from p.c. of pictures, music etc. plus control of your phone via your web browser should you wish.

https://www.airdroid.com/
I've never been so sure of something I wasn't sure of...

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2017, 11:41:05 pm »

I use Google drive / Photo, that auto uploads when my phones is on WiFi....
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 07:00:46 pm »

Thanks again chaps, lots to study there, my son having to work away until thursday now, he's at a hotel in Bournmouth, back home later tomorrow when he will carry on trying to 'show me how' with my phone, i'll show him this thread  :-)) anyway here's a pic of my new to me bike, last post on this thread, i'll carry on with a new thread in 'Other hobbies and Interests...don't want to upset the management  :police: :embarrassed: .

Its  A 1960 Viking 5 speed racer, bought from a local chap, more in the new thread later, maybe tomorrow now.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.