Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paint  (Read 2774 times)

mckenzig

• Shipmate
Paint
« on: March 07, 2017, 05:31:52 am »

Recently i have tried building  Earnshaw plans was given away in Model Boats magazine. It said that it was built in balsa and although up till now I had built in ply, I decided that this would be in balsa. I built the hull and gave it a coat of undercoat, using Itsi Bitsi paint, this was grey. I then put another coat on the hull and rubbed it down, then a coat of the final colour of white, this formed like crazy paving. I rubbed it down and filled the pattern with poly filler and again rubbed it down to a smooth surface. Today i applied a top coat again and one is OK and the other like a crazy paving again. I have used this paint on four other boats without problem so am at a loss!

Stavros

Re: Paint
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 08:19:45 am »

Never heard of this make of paint....where did you get it from can you post a link to it so i can possibly help

Dave

Tony Marlow

• Shipmate
  • How time flies
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 11:51:49 am »

Itsy Bitsy is an Indian art supply company. Probably acrylic but could be anything in it 

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 02:27:03 pm »

If its made in India then it could be formulated with anything from bat excrement to nuclear waste from the "xxxxx" power plant O0 This was not a profanity although the site thinks it was, just a nuclear plant in Japan beginning with F and ending in Kushima.

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 05:50:48 pm »

Humbrol had loads of issues with their Indian sourced enamel paint backawhile, so this could be the same problem of quality control.
Pond weed is your enemy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.