Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sheerline trafaglar sub  (Read 3351 times)

Webbie17

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Sheerline trafaglar sub
« on: July 30, 2017, 09:24:33 pm »

Helloooo all,

Complete newbie here both to forum and rc subs, had cars up to now, kind of wish I stuck with them now , seem to have a problem with the sub as in it don't dive at all, could be me as I ain't to sure on how to dive it, followed what I got told by the person I bought it off, there is a knob top right of controller turn it one way is dive other is up ( this is clearly marked on the controller) however nothing happens, just sits there like a lemon ! Personally I don't think the pump is running, is there a certain procedure I have to follow when diving her?battery is fully charged ( charged with a smart charger ) also put air in the tank ( two pumps of a normal bike pump )

Please help !

Fred Ellis

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Sheerline trafaglar sub
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 06:37:38 am »

Hi

Sorry that I can not help out with the problem that you are having with your boat but the Association of Model Submariners do have a Facebook page, some one on there may be able to help.

fred
That's all right, Mr Ryan. My Morse is so rusty, I could be sending him dimensions on Playmate of the Month.

rnli12

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 06:51:04 am »

Hi,

Do you know whether it is a Dynamic or static diver, dynamic requires forward motion and ballast to drive the sub down a static will flood ballast and submerge without forward motion.

A Sheerline I believe was the latter, is your rudder working?, can you hear the pump running inside, possible airlock, can you post a picture.

Regards,

Rich
Regards,

Rich

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 09:41:03 am »

I'm sure Andy will be along soon. It is probably something very simple.
Some checks to make
Are all the tx and rx batteries full charged. Ie not charged for 1 hour.
When you turn on do the rudder and elevator planes work. Also the throttle?
As it's the dive knob....can you here a pump switch on and hear it working
Post answers to all the above to start and if possible pictures.
Will also need to know what type of radio....ie futaba, hitec  etc. What mhz. 27   Or 40.
Also, I take it the WTC is clear. Is there and water or condensation in it?
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

Webbie17

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 12:39:44 pm »

I'm sure Andy will be along soon. It is probably something very simple.
Some checks to make
Are all the tx and rx batteries full charged. Ie not charged for 1 hour.
When you turn on do the rudder and elevator planes work. Also the throttle?
As it's the dive knob....can you here a pump switch on and hear it working
Post answers to all the above to start and if possible pictures.
Will also need to know what type of radio....ie futaba, hitec  etc. What mhz. 27   Or 40.
Also, I take it the WTC is clear. Is there and water or condensation in it?

Hi ,

Thanks to all your replies above 😊,

Batteries as far as I am aware are fully charged, the controller was left on charge for at least 10 hours , the sub has NIMH battery fitted to which i csrried out a full cycle on ( discharge then recharge via my charger) its a 4500mah I had my charger charging at 1 amp so only slowly charged her.

The rudder, all flaps both front and rear work , as does the throttle.

When I put it into dive mode the front planes move into the correct position but I can't hear the motor running  both in and out of the water. 

It's a Futaba controller and I believe 40 MHz, will confirm when I get home.

I presume WTC is the water tight canister? If so that's all clear no water / condensation.

I will take some pictures when I get home.

Thanks for all your help , hopefully will get her sorted.

Cheers

Dougie

Webbie17

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 12:53:45 pm »

Will the pump run when not in water ? To me the pump looks like a normal 12.v washer pump on car, so I could check to see if I am getting 12 v to the pump when I put her into dive mode

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 02:43:25 pm »

would be helpful.  It should be a self priming pump so I assume it will run in and out of the water.
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

rsm

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 03:46:59 pm »

On the one I had the pump was controlled by a servo, the servo horn pressing on one of two microswitches depending on which direction you wanted to pump. I assume this is the same. Can you see or hear the servo moving? If not you may have a duff servo or a loose connection. If you can, is the servo horn contacting the microswitches? Either way I think taking the WTC apart is the only way to be sure.
Roger

HMS Invisible

• MICROGYROS.COM
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Yes, it works!
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 06:59:24 pm »

Helloooo all,

Complete newbie here both to forum and rc subs, had cars up to now, kind of wish I stuck with them now , seem to have a problem with the sub as in it don't dive at all, could be me as I ain't to sure on how to dive it, followed what I got told by the person I bought it off, there is a knob top right of controller turn it one way is dive other is up ( this is clearly marked on the controller) however nothing happens, just sits there like a lemon ! Personally I don't think the pump is running, is there a certain procedure I have to follow when diving her?battery is fully charged ( charged with a smart charger ) also put air in the tank ( two pumps of a normal bike pump )

Please help !
Link   The second picture down in that link shows an actual Sheerline dive cylinder.
Bottom servo (S3001) controls the dive planes via pushrod  Top servo (FP-S148) hits the pinch valve and dive pump microswitch.
You don't want a change in buoyancy when moving the planes by the top right rotary control. As in the photo, they should be on separate transmitter functions.

Klunk wants to know if you have a Sheerline  dive cylinder in black pvc or a clear (transparent) one with enough (minimum five) separate transmitter functions hooked up to receiver correctly. Then, if you have a failsafe, just like bikerdude999, make sure it isn't inhibiting servo movement. That is the bare minimum info that any submarine facebook noticeboard users needs to know as well.
< All manner of contact methods over to the left.

Webbie17

• Shipmate
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2017, 11:12:16 pm »

Just a quick update , all sorted found a lose connection to the sevro that controls the pump ! Could not post pictures on here via my phone so went I the FB page association of model submariners,very helpful just like you peeps on here 😊.

Micro, she has a  black PVC wtc. She has the fail safe fitted as well ones that keep her stable all the time , adjusts the rear planes automatically as she move around in the water
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.