Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: This is embarrasing.  (Read 4631 times)

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
This is embarrasing.
« on: August 04, 2017, 06:18:26 am »

As title. :-X

Message on my PC screen yesterday.

Firefox has crashed. sorry but your tabs are broken. the page says...? firefox will attempt to restore your tabs.

I tink its something causeD by the lOGITECH WIRELESS MOUSE I BOUGHT, STUFF IS ALL OVER THE PLACE, BOLD BUTTON STUCK ON AGAIN.

NOT ME DOING THIS PROMISE.

i'LL TRY FIX it again keyboard is playing up too.

Wonder if I dare try a Photo after my recent silly posts?

I'm brave enough I reckon so here goes, might explain  a few things..please bear with me a second... :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

This is my present prescription medicine 'stash' from my GP. more to add soon I think <:( <:( <:(

John.

XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

jarvo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Etherow model boat club
Re: This is embarrasing.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 08:24:08 am »

Hay JaB, computers do their own thing once in a wile, they need to get used to new kit just like us!!!  try rebooting and have another go

Mark
Tugs are for pulling

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
W
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 09:03:49 am »

Thanks for the support jarvo...The work is already in hand, reboot?...i'm killing the lot  <*<

Avast uninstalled first job...reinstalled now...Firefox uninstalled...reinstalled...on son's laptop for now watching them die on the desktop behind... being reborn... O0 anyone like a photo... %% {-) maybe not too busy for all that stuff. the LOGITECH KEYBOARD AND MOUSE...that was me this time.! going in the bin soon, no joking.

Son will take me to Maplins or PC World later for new ones, maybe look around at new desktops and laptops, spent enough lately but no harm in seeing what the latest gear is like and how much they want this time. just for info the Audi A4 is up for sale and hopfully i'll have an Jag XJ6 on monday afternoon to replace the damn thing  8) They want to get into a fight ? they WILL lose.

Back later and thanks again.

JaB.
XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

imsinking

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 09:20:36 am »

Never had any problems with Logitech stuff , don't use anything else . . . . had it on Win 2000 / Win XP now Win 7 pro . . . .I buy them in sets, mouse / keyboard and the plugin receiver . . did you get a separate mouse ?
Wonder if you're on . . . WINDOW'S 10  %)   %% 
Bill

JIM WORNER

• Full Mayhemer
  • Not me chief : Engines
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 09:28:55 am »

Written on a Logitech keyboard, on a Packard Bell computer, upgraded to Windows 10, and it WORKS and has done for months!
Mind you the operator frequently fails, and I have a larger collection of prescription drugs.
Sometimes I wonder if things aren't getting more complicated just to keep all the wonderful people at Microsoft in employment!
Good luck with the re-boots
Jim {:-{

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 09:58:37 am »

Thanks for the post  Bill  :-)) no, i've had  a Logitech mouse before, a wired one, lovely piece of kit, gave it away with an Asus net book i sold to the local hairdresser for £100 !!! wish i'd kept it, going for Logitech k120 board and same make M150 mouse later , £14.99 & £11.24p respectivly  at PC World or Maplins, wired of course, mine are wireless one's only about a week old, not me i know that, not a dummy really everyone think's so....though !!!

On Win 7  O0 %) Thanks Jim be careful they do funny things to you when you're not taking notice, found that out at least, I've got a chest x-ray on 16th, expect they will see scarring after the Pneumonia, GP appt on 22nd will find out then  :o {:-{

cheers guys

John.

Ianlind

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 10:07:13 am »

You are totally correct Jim,
It's all about keeping those overpaid employees in jobs. We don't need most of the crap they are forcing on us, but they do it to prove they can!

XP was totally fine and did most of what we needed, except maybe for the Gamers, but I don't use any of that stuff.

I weakened and bought a new and expensive HP laptop with 10, but I hate it to the point where it doesn't get used at all. Total waste of a lot of dollars! Partner keeps it updated, but I'm happy, well not really, but more happy with Win 7, and will be going back to my old XP if the computer bloke ever gets it sorted after it had a hard drive fail.

Ian.

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 10:19:29 am »

meanwhile all us i-Mac users can just sit back and smile, at least you can when you have sorted out the wireless mouse slack battery problem.
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 11:23:58 am »

I am increasingly frustrated with Windows 10.  Updates itself every week, each time replacing what I have set up with ever more restrictions on what I can do.  It keeps mucking up my IE Explorer set up, tries ever harder to force me to use their stupid "cloud", prevents me from setting up my own Home Directory, or letting me decide what application to use with defined file extensions.  Latest: In accessing my camera SD card it tries to upload the lot to 'cloud'.

"Dumb phones" are going the same way.  They claim to be able to do 100 things, but none of them in a practical and usable way.  I don't want a camera, video camera, internet access, or play stupid games.  All I really want is a text & calls phone with a full QWERTY keyboard.  Anything else I use the big screen PC, Fuji Finepix, video etc.

Sorry.  Rant over.
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2017, 11:35:50 am »

Hi all, I bought an HP15 Envy, via John Lewis 2 year guarantee, back in December.  That was after my MacBookPro went into black screen for the 3rd. time and no longer viable to repair! 
My Envy was £750 I think they are a bit cheaper now but very nice.  Good lit k/board, nice screen, very fast.
Replacement Apple machine was beyond my pocket.
Windows 10 I had heard lots of bad stuff but I have not had any problems.
regards Roy

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2017, 11:51:21 am »

Tell it like it is BobK  :-))

rant all you want, can I join in with you?
give em 'ell and blow the the lot of them.

more please  O0 O0 :-))

John.

FsASTSyd1

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2017, 12:04:37 pm »

Hi Bob K - Must have done something right/wrong on my Win 10, over 70,000 photos on it more every week never mentions the cloud, updated yesterday no changes. I know it is a long drag but you might need to go through the setting and turn off what you don't need, sync for a start otherwise, as I understand it, it will try and sync with any other MS you have had if somehow you had/have an MS account. Look out on line for an article titled something like "What should I turn off or on in Win 10" might help you.

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
  • I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2017, 12:21:35 pm »

Windows 10 versions - One thing I notice as I have such a slow internet connection (1.2mb on a good day) is that you hear others make comments about W10 which you cannot relate to as you haven't experienced the same issues - and that may simply be that you are lagging behind in the update queue and may not be on the same version.

I am on W10 build 15063 but if you look at the chart below there are several subsets

Regards
C-3PO
I think it's the way I have learnt most of my stuff - getting very stuck first...

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2017, 12:51:30 pm »

I have one linux laptop, it can pretty much do everything a windows laptop can except for a couple of CAD programs I run, it boots up in seconds, when it comes to updates, I start the linux update, start a windows update on my other machine, before that has shut down the linux machine has completed its update and is back online.
I was at a lecture a few months back, the lecturer was just about to start when he saw his machine was trying to start a win 10 update, he cancelled it - so it went on and did it anyway, a whole hall full of people waiting for 40 minutes, then when it came back up, it had changed the boot drive back from the SSD hard drive to the standard one, another 10 minutes to boot up, then it wanted him to log on with his microsoft password, which as he was not connected it would then not allow him to use windows office software, so we had to get him logged onto the wifi in the hall, so he could log on and use office powerpoint for his lecture - in all we started an hour late due to win 10.

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2017, 01:13:17 pm »

Grendel...please can I pop round to your place for a quick lesson or 10...no not Win 10 god forbid, I'm trying to avoid it at all costs, feels as if I'm being pushed in that direction all the time, no wont give in, wont wont wont %%

I Have a Linux Mint 11 CD here would anyone like a piccie to prove that...what No?? I'm disappointed with you all  %% {-)
I suspect it's an old one by now, are they on 18 or past that now? I don't know.

Interested to try Linux again. first attempt waqs partly successful but not completely.

Any advice gratefully received  :-))

John.

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2017, 04:53:28 pm »

I run Lubuntu on older machines, its a lighter version of ubuntu, but dont ask me what they have left out - seems to do the business.

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2017, 10:28:01 pm »

I hope your scarring is minimal John, you need plenty of breath to shout at computers  :-))
Pond weed is your enemy

meechingman

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tugs Rule, OK!
    • Andrew Gilbert
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2017, 11:05:45 pm »

meanwhile all us i-Mac users can just sit back and smile, at least you can when you have sorted out the wireless mouse slack battery problem.

Hehe. You should go over to some of the music software forums and see the hilarious fun that the Apple 'Magic Mouse' causes! Not to mention the bits of software that get broken in the OS updates!

Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse here on the desktop and Logitech wireless mouse on the lappie. No issues at all, but that's Win 7 (and XP on the 2nd partition).
Admiral of the Haven Towage Fleet.

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2017, 06:23:10 am »

Hehe. You should go over to some of the music software forums and see the hilarious fun that the Apple 'Magic Mouse' causes! Not to mention the bits of software that get broken in the OS updates!

Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse here on the desktop and Logitech wireless mouse on the lappie. No issues at all, but that's Win 7 (and XP on the 2nd partition).

I've finnaly come to the ( obvious to me ) conclusion that what suits one does not neccessarily suit the next one,like your GP...they think salt is bad for you..I need extra salt or i'm poorly!
I found out the hard way..lots of blood test and checking them myself....I have worked out that I have 'low serum sodium'...low salt in my blood...causes all sorts of problems, you wouldn't beleive it really. Doctor's in my opinion need to listen to their patient not dictate what they should and not do for themselves.
I registered for 'patient access' at my GP's surgury...I can order repeat scrips - book an appt with a GP - see my medical records... all online.

A very useful facillity I think you will all agree?.

The Logitech wirless keyboard & mouse does not work for me, but works for other's. just like Win 10.
 keyboard is too small, I hit 2 -3 keys at the same time, there is no indication of weather you are in upper or lower case! not good for passwords I can tell you <*<

Should I have a break at this point????

Too damn right I will  %% <*< {-)

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2017, 06:35:25 am »

we  have this at work, the (very) short lady who works at the next desk to mine has to have a special small keyboard as she has small hands, at 6'4" with large bones and hands like dustbin lids, even a standard keyboard is on the small side for me, due to her back problems she has a standing desk, me sitting next to her standing we are about the same eye level. she also has an exercise stepper she uses while standing at her desk, and when I stand next to her while she uses it, I am still taller.
I suppose what I am trying to say is, that no two people will get on well with the same equipment, and different people need different mice and keyboards.

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2017, 06:54:23 am »

we  have this at work, the (very) short lady who works at the next desk to mine has to have a special small keyboard as she has small hands, at 6'4" with large bones and hands like dustbin lids, even a standard keyboard is on the small side for me, due to her back problems she has a standing desk, me sitting next to her standing we are about the same eye level. she also has an exercise stepper she uses while standing at her desk, and when I stand next to her while she uses it, I am still taller.
I suppose what I am trying to say is, that no two people will get on well with the same equipment, and different people need different mice and keyboards.

Spot on there Grendel.  :-))

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2017, 08:26:36 am »

I hope your scarring is minimal John, you need plenty of breath to shout at computers  :-))

I have a list for items to 'give a good 'talking' to'..see what i did there ?

1. the wife.
2. the Audi !
3. the Hospital.
4. the GP's surgery.
5. this new samsung mobile.
6. the compac desktop.

In no particular order of preference.... %% {-)

meechingman

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tugs Rule, OK!
    • Andrew Gilbert
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2017, 08:27:17 am »

I registered for 'patient access' at my GP's surgury...I can order repeat scrips - book an appt with a GP - see my medical records... all online.

A very useful facillity I think you will all agree?.

Definitely! Scrips come through darned fast with our practice. My wife went to see the GP last week, she issued a new scrip. Didn't print it, just clicked the mouse and sent it. By the time we got to the pharmacist 20 minutes later, it was ready to pick up!

And the booking / viewing facility is a godsend when you have a lot of appointments!
Admiral of the Haven Towage Fleet.

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2017, 08:30:39 am »

Very useful for looking after yourself too..no real point in wasting your time seeing a GP who is not really interested in what you have to say %% /ask/ moan about... O0

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2017, 12:46:01 pm »

Three of our family had cause to visit the local practitioner recently, various conditions. All got the same response ; " Oh I don't know what that is "
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.