Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Going back to cycling....  (Read 8209 times)

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Going back to cycling....
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2017, 02:01:13 pm »

I have a hybrid bike. A bit like a mountain bike, but with full mudguards, front shocks, 24 speed, carriers front and rear, and butterfly bars. I also hand painted it, so that it is really not that attractive to thieves. Hand-painted, harder to fence, and harder to sell second hand. I also keep it dirty, except for the working parts, a thief will probably be too lazy to clean it, unless it is super valuable.

If I were buying a new bike, something I would look for is the LED lights built into the frame. That way you never have to carry lights around and they are always there when you need them.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

steamboatmodel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2017, 05:12:30 pm »

Do keep this thread on, My wife just got one of the hybrid bikes from Canadian Tire, had to phone my son to find out all the questions she had about it. I looked at the bikes but them main problem I have with them is the number of wheels, there is only two and my balance which was never good has not improved with age. I have looked at the granycycles, but  there is not enough room between the saddle and the peddles. Have seen adds for the Terratrikes  rover, but the price is way over my budget.
Regards,
Gerald.
Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors--and miss. Lazarus Long

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2017, 10:58:53 pm »

Its nice to hear there are bicyclists on Mayhem. Beware though: the ideal number of bicycles to own is n+1, where the number currently owned is n. At present I only have one Giant Defy 2 road bike for the occasional keep fit ride, a Giant hybrid go-to bike for popping down the shops with panniers, and a fat bike for playing about on. (Apart from the 2 Strida folders and the fixie made with a ladies Townsend frame.) all great fun in their way and help keep me active. Join Sustrans - support the National Cycle Network and if you can, volunteer for your local group checking the signage and maintaining the paths.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.27 seconds with 22 queries.